Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-12-2019, 11:46 AM   #1
IDFWU
Six Point

Hunt In: Pearsall, Uvalde
Default Electric Push Mower?

Anyone have an electric push mower? Lowes has an 80V self propelled one I was looking at. Pretty expensive.

If you have one....pros, cons, etc??
IDFWU is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
TexasTealHunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: North / Central Texas

I have a Ryobi 40v I believe it is... works great, I do not have a huge yard though and its not self propelled. pro the battery also goes on blower and weed eater/edger.. expensive yes but I enjoy mowing and save on the $20-$40 yard crew every other week its already paid for itself. Another pro is don't have to mess with gas oil and maintenance that I have no business tinkering with haha.

Only con is running out of battery but like I said my yard is not that big so I have no issue.
TexasTealHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
Softballdad
Four Point

I have one that I purchased at Home Depot. Was expensive $400 bucks, but I have a really small yard. I had purchased the battery powered weed eater and it worked good. Mower is the same, starts every time (my old gas one not so much), plenty of power and cuts well. I will say this, it only runs a about 20minutes tops on the battery provided. if you have a larger yard, you may want to get an extra battery.
Softballdad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2019, 12:00 PM   #4
Chunky
Pope & Young

I had one many years ago, I kept running over the extension cord. I was young and careless. After chopping up about 6 cords I went and bought a gas mower.
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
breederbuck33
Ten Point

I have a Dewalt that might end up going to the deer lease. We sold our house and its too small for the new venture. I liked it once I got used to it. I had very thick San Augustine grass, and I had a hard time at first getting the battery to last. The problem was I was cutting that thick grass too short, and cutting it when it was wet and dewey outside. Once I picked up the blade a little bit I had no more issues! I'm going to bring it to the lease now so that we don't have to worry about it being gummed up or anything like that.
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #6
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Throckmorton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
I have a Dewalt that might end up going to the deer lease. We sold our house and its too small for the new venture. I liked it once I got used to it. I had very thick San Augustine grass, and I had a hard time at first getting the battery to last. The problem was I was cutting that thick grass too short, and cutting it when it was wet and dewey outside. Once I picked up the blade a little bit I had no more issues! I'm going to bring it to the lease now so that we don't have to worry about it being gummed up or anything like that.
My wife bought a Dewalt with a bag @ Lowes on clearance last year for >$100. We've got a small backyard area where the pool & pavilion are and it works perfect for that.
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2019, 03:36 PM   #7
IDFWU
Six Point

Hunt In: Pearsall, Uvalde

Thanks for the feedback. My yard is small as well but is thick St Augustine. I like the maintenance free aspect of it...which is why i'm in the market for a new mower, get tired of trying to get the old gas one cleaned up & started after not using it for 3-4 months.
IDFWU is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2019, 12:36 AM   #8
DZM
Six Point

Hunt In: Jones & Jack County

I got the EGO mower and weed eater last year, I think they r great, plenty of power and are still going strong when I finish my yard
DZM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #9
Dave W
Eight Point

Hunt In: Crystal City

I like my EGO
I got the self propelled with bigger battery
I have not run out of juice yet
Dave W is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top