• Show
Clear All

Southern part of 27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by birddogem301 View Post
      Southern part of 27

Just out of curiosity, what is the quality of bucks you see out there? I’m sure it was down this year with as dry as it was. I hunter elk in 7east, around flagstaff, in November/December. Most guys I talked to said the elk didn’t have good antler growth at all.

Comment

I didn’t see any bucks over 160. But it’s not to say they aren’t out there. Had a nephew that hunted just south of me in unit 28. He buddy shot a pretty big buck. I’m guessing his buck was over 170 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
          I'll also be in the southern portion of 27 this January with my brother. Nothing but tents and boots for us but several roads look like they go for 15+ miles back so I'd imagine a Monday-Friday hunt should find us alone for most of it. Good luck to anyone else going!
          We went in 52 miles down dirt road one weekend in AZ, thought we would be all alone..... Saw hunters on every single ridge I was glassing.. Good luck, make sure someone knows where you are going

Comment

So anyone planning on filling that tag in December? I’m planning on going week 2 of December. Bucks should be in full rut.

Comment

Heading out Saturday. Second chance!! Looking forward to spending some quality time with my son. Hopefully with his help again we can close the deal this time around. We had a few good opportunities in January and almost got it done. Here we go!!

Comment

Have one bloody arrow for the season. Need another!![emoji1662]

Comment

Not looking for anyone's secret honey hole but selecting a unit is overwhelming for this hunt. Any suggestions on a few to narrow it down to? Been researching the heck out of this hunt and want to give it a go this January.

Comment

Go Hunt has some good write-ups on the units. We're hunting 34a for javalina. Not sure where we will go for deer. I've got my teenagers with me so we will probably stay to 5h3 north of the units bordering old Mexico.

Were going first seven days of January.

Comment

Me and another member also planning that first week of January. Maybe 35B or 27. Lots of options is overwhelming

Comment

We have javalina tags for 34 a and b. We'll probably hunt cues and desert mulies in 34a. Been looking over it all year in onx and talking to biologists. I tore my MCL earlier this year so I'm not in the shape I'd hope I would be. I've picked areas without huge elevation change. I want a cues but if it gets to be too much we'll head out to the flats for mulies. I don't expect to have a problem getting javalina but those will be the first targets for my son and daughter.

Good luck! We will be there the first week of January.

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by JWF View Post
                            Following
                            I was fixing to send you this

Comment

Originally posted by TXCreed90 View Post
                              Not looking for anyone's secret honey hole but selecting a unit is overwhelming for this hunt. Any suggestions on a few to narrow it down to? Been researching the heck out of this hunt and want to give it a go this January.
                              Its really not overwhelming.. Arizona puts out a wildlife book for large game (elk) and for regular (deer/javalina) These are for the draw hunts. Go through and find the units that have a lot of tags (higher population) and has a high success rate.

Comment

Originally posted by TXCreed90 View Post
                                Me and another member also planning that first week of January. Maybe 35B or 27. Lots of options is overwhelming
                                Watch the weather in both units, those are two different areas when it comes to weather.

Comment

Working...
                                X