Mounting skull for a European mount.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting skull for a European mount.

How do y'all mount a skull for a European mount? I've never done one before but I have a buddy that's gonna boil two coyote skulls for me and I want to do something with them. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do yet but I may do a European mount type deal with them. I'm still trying to come up with ideas so if you have any I'd like to hear them. Thanks.

Also I'm probably going to whiten them by putting them peroxide unless there's a better way. Seems like I've heard not to do that with skulls but I may be mistaken.

Comment

This works great and you probably have the parts in your garage
      Follow the link for a video that we just did on DIY Skull Mount Hangers that are quick, easy and affordable! DIY European Mount Hangers - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thre...s-for-2.88846/
        That's got the wheels turning. I'm thinking about mounting them to a piece of barn wood or something. Thinking of possibly adding a few more skulls to it also. I haven't quite figured out how I want to do it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thre...s-for-2.88846/
          Thanks for this!

Comment

Here's a couple I've done--I don't use the entire skull, but slice from behind the notch on the back of the skull all the way thru the end of the nose.

Comment

Boil head for 20 mins with a pinch of oxy clean, power wash all meat, membrane, etc off skull, boil for another 15 mins or so, power wash the rest off and power wash the brain cavity. Boil another 10 mins. Power wash Then pick off what’s left with hemostats. Then boil for 20 mins in water and 40 weight peroxide. Then power wash again. Boil 15 more mins in that solution. Then let sit in sun until dry. Done this with all my euros. Watch white one creations on YouTube.

Comment

I do mine on cookies.
                Attached Files

Comment

I also don't whiten.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the ideas y'all. So far what I've kind of came up with is mounting them on a piece of barn wood and having hooks below them to hang hats on or something. Not sure how that'd look or if it even makes sense but I thought something like that would be cool.

Comment

We never boil the peroxide, just soak the skulls in some after the boil.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                        I also don't whiten.
                        How do you mount the skull to the wood?

Comment

These are nice too.

Comment

Working...
                          X