No announcement yet.

What's the deal with elite bows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has a nice valley but a solid back wall. Very pleasant to shoot. Going now to get mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
      It was actually too short
      I knew that. Don't know why I typed long...sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
        There is no hump and it doesn't dump, very consistant will minimal effort to draw
        This ^^^^

I know that for me, when the bow has too deep of a valley or a big hump and then a dump, when I get drawn back into the wall the riser shakes back and forth on me. It doesn't do that at all with the E32.

Comment

Finally got to shoot one today at Alvarado Archery set at 29/70.

My plan prior to this was to pickup an obsession knightmare but as much as I swore I wouldn't be picking up a new bow this year, an 80lb Energy 35 seems awful nice...
          Last edited by Kirby86; 03-21-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I shoot an Energy 32, 29" Draw, 70#, getting just a hair over 305fps with a 400 grain arrow.

Comment

My local shop keeps telling me that although he loves elite and sells a ton of them he never gets the speeds they advertise. The numbers above are very accurate however to what they advertise. He says I will get more out of hoyt. Like I said before I got 290fps out of a faktor. 70# 26.6 dl 360 grains. I guess I have to wait untill he gets an energy 32 in. He cant keep them on the shelf.

Comment

I quit worrying about speed, especially 5 or 10 FPS that is impossible to even see at closer distance, and now just shoot what feels good.

Nothing to do with Elite at all. All bows.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman View Post
                  I bought a Elite E35 last Saturday. I say shoot one and make your own decision but the first time you pull it back just relax and see how it feels holding it at full draw.
                  That's the reason I didn't buy one. I'm not a fan of a huge valley. The grip felt great, though. That was the only thing about the E35/32 that kept it in my lune up when decision time came. I opted for the ChillR over several others.

Comment

Valley is EXTREMELY adjustable on the Elites. Set it to however you want it to feel and however much weight you want to hold.

Comment

I saw on here everyone talking about the new Elites and I too had to get my hands on one so I went to visit Kyle and the gang at CCR to shoot a few new bows from all the major players and IMO I thought the new Hoyt Carbon Spyder was a better fit for me than the Elite Energy. The Hoyt was quieter and had virtually no hump in the draw cycle. The new Z5 cam from Hoyt is pure smooooooth.

Comment

Carbon Spyder 34 is a nice bow for sure. It would have been my second choice to the E35.

Comment

I liked the Faktor as well. The heavier cam was the only reason I went with the Elite. I put 50 arrows down range last night before I had to go eat and could easily have shot 50 more. The speed is a lot less but man it's good on these old shoulders.

Comment

The Z5 cam is awesome....if you're a speed freak, go with the Faktor....you still get a smooth draw and a good wall and a bow that, in most cam settings, will beat it's advertised ATA all day long. I have yet to see an Energy series that won't hit it's numbers with a tuner that knows what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              I liked the Faktor as well. The heavier cam was the only reason I went with the Elite. I put 50 arrows down range last night before I had to go eat and could easily have shot 50 more. The speed is a lot less but man it's good on these old shoulders.
                              Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                              The Z5 cam is awesome....if you're a speed freak, go with the Faktor....you still get a smooth draw and a good wall and a bow that, in most cam settings, will beat it's advertised ATA all day long. I have yet to see an Energy series that won't hit it's numbers with a tuner that knows what he's doing.
                              See, I did not like the Faktor 34 when comparing apples to apples side by side with a CS34. It lacked any "wow" at all to me. The CS34 does absolutely everything better, so hard to be impressed by the Faktor under those conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X