Bow refurbishing?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow refurbishing?????

Does anybody know where I can have my bow media blasted and repainted? I want to paint it black.

Any decent powder coat shop should be able to do it. You might have to take it to a bow shop and have them break it down to pieces first. And I would reccomend powder coat over paint especially on a machined aluminum riser. It will look bett and last longer than paint.

Comment

Bert Ogden...

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        Any decent powder coat shop should be able to do it. You might have to take it to a bow shop and have them break it down to pieces first. And I would reccomend powder coat over paint especially on a machined aluminum riser. It will look bett and last longer than paint.
        One of these days, one of these days.

Comment

I took a riser in already prepped(bare aluminum). It only cost me $20 for powdercoat. Textured black like Hoyts finish. I sprayed the limbs w a good primer and Krylon satin black. turned out great. Less than $80 total including the price of new strings.

Here's a link to the pics. I miss that bow. alotta coons fell to that Cheetah. http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...hlight=Cheetah
          Last edited by HawgEnvy; 01-11-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HawgEnvy View Post
            I took a riser in already prepped(bare aluminum). It only cost me $20 for powdercoat. Textured black like Hoyts finish. I sprayed the limbs w a good primer and Krylon satin black. turned out great. Less than $80 total including the price of new strings.

Here's a link to the pics. I miss that bow. alotta coons fell to that Cheetah. http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...hlight=Cheetah
            How did you prepare the riser? Was it media blasted?

Comment

nope,acetone(nail polish remover). a soaked rag took most of it off. The stubborn spots I used a small wire brush. Then washed it in hot,soapy water then rinsed with hot water and let it air dry.

Comment

Originally posted by HawgEnvy View Post
                nope,acetone(nail polish remover). a soaked rag took most of it off. The stubborn spots I used a small wire brush. Then washed it in hot,soapy water then rinsed with hot water and let it air dry.
                Thanks buddy.

Comment

I just need a bigger oven.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    I just need a bigger oven.
                    Said the same for years. Finally broke down and built one,very easy .will help you if I can

Comment

Originally posted by HCA Tech View Post
                      Said the same for years. Finally broke down and built one,very easy .will help you if I can
                      Thanks, but right now it's just a financial matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        Thanks, but right now it's just a financial matter.
                        I really know the feeling had to build mine in pieces as I came across parts. I went with gas to cut down on cost.

Comment

Working...
                        X