2wd truck with mud tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2wd truck with mud tires

Well my 1997 Ford F-350 needs new tires it’s 2 wheel drive I do drive to the
    Ranch a lot I was Thinking of putting mud tires on it
    Stock size 215/85/16

Sounds good to me

Comment

just because its two wheel drive doesn"t mean you cant have mud tires. At a minimum I would run an all terrain. I currently have the bfg all terrain on my 2015 f350. I have the nitto mud grapplers on my 2000 excursion

Comment

I ran BFG all terrain on my 2wd trk, see no problem , it helped me many a times

Comment

Do it

Comment

If it was me I would put a full set of 10 ply (which you probably already run being a 350) all terrain tires on it

Comment

When I was a kid we would put mudders on the back and slicks on the front. The good ol days!

Comment

I put BFG Mud Terrain tires on two spare matching rims. During hunting season, they were on the back of my 2wd truck. After hunting season, I just swapped the regular tires / rims back and put the Mud Terrains in the garage for next season. That worked very well.
                All the best,
                Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                  When I was a kid we would put mudders on the back and slicks on the front. The good ol days!
                  Yep. I grew up on dirt roads in East Tx and the roads would get pretty bad sometimes. Hardly anyone had 4wd trucks though. Dad had a set of mudders on the back of his '83 F150 and street tires on the front and we could go about anywhere.

Comment

I still do this! Bought a square body just so I could and make some noise while im at it!

Op, put grips on the back and dont let off. Youll be fine (unless its a diesel, then your not going far).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Do it, Just please don’t lift it. Hate seeing jacked up 2wd trucks lol

Comment

Get em.M/T's..My old landowner ran Mud/snow tires on all of his half ton 2wd's.He went down every sloppy,muddy road I ever went down.I was always locked in,and he didn't have that option.

Comment

My wife's Armada has all terrains on it....

Comment

I have a 2006 Tundra, TRD 2wd, leveled the front. I put 4 285/70/17 Federal mud tires on it. I had some Toyo AT's a couple of seasons ago that were pretty worn, and got stuck out on the property I hunt on. I put the mud tires on it, and haven't had any issues getting stuck (fingers crossed). I would say they definitely help.

Comment

Yes sir.
                              My brother had a 79 Ford F-250 with 35” buckshots on the back.
                              He could hang pretty close with us, and we were in 4wds.

Comment

Working...
                              X