My Horrifying Shop Build: Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deal sir.

I have found the law is always on the homeowner side. We roofed a home with a fully signed legal contract. After a year of not paying we took them to court and won! That was 6 years ago and we still haven't been paid. After the judges descision theres no enforcement. At least not in our situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
      Good deal sir.

I have found the law is always on the homeowner side. We roofed a home with a fully signed legal contract. After a year of not paying we took them to court and won! That was 6 years ago and we still haven't been paid. After the judges descision theres no enforcement. At least not in our situation.
      If it was done in small claims court in Texas, there’s many avenues to take, especially if it’s a large company.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        Update**
        I filed a Writ of Garnishment against this contractor. What this is is filing a suit against his bank account(s) by holding his bank accountable. What they do is freeze his assets up to the amount he owes me ($5,900). I filed this last week & his bank was served. The contractor called me for the first time since November today so the point has been made. Now I just hope he has the whole amount in there. The bank has 14 days to cut me a check for however much is in his account(s) up to amount owed or show up in court & prove why they don't think I'm owed the money (that would be a waste of time on their part so now I'm just waiting for a check). This guy has posted online that he has no intentions of paying me so I had to take this measure. I'm sure it sucks to have your bank accounts frozen but he had it coming.

The sad part is...the money that is in that bank account is probably from some poor soul that gave him a draw on the job he’s working now.
        Now they’ll get screwed because he’s broke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X