Big mountain lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
    So question. Why do we hunt mountain lions? If they’re so incredibly rare, especially here in this particular state, why are people hunting them? Seems to me if we keep at that practice they’ll be extinct.....or is that the goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If there is a legal hunting season for them then they are surely in no danger of extinction. The fact is, a hunting season is a tool to keep their numbers sustainable. Use your brains folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      If there is a legal hunting season for them then they are surely in no danger of extinction. The fact is, a hunting season is a tool to keep their numbers sustainable. Use your brains folks.
      To be fair the majority of people seem to think that ALL large carnivores are endangered... it's a message we are all bombarded with so you can hardly blame someone for not understanding, and he changed his mind based on new info so he's doing better than 99% of people...

Comment

It’s interesting to me how when someone, me for example in this thread, asks a question which to me.....seems to be USING MY BRAIN in the first place to gain some knowledge I didn’t have prior to posting the question.......means somehow I’m not using my brain. Last time I checked it was perfectly fine for someone to ask a question. Do YOU see lots of ML’s? I’ve never seen one. Never seen any sign of one and don’t know anyone that’s seen one either. I don’t see many posts on here about people taking them. So I thought, after I researched what I could, that they were pretty rare. If they’re rare, in an effort to see more of them instead of less I asked if we should be killing them......sort of like a general rule of wildlife management you know. If they’re not rare, which several good folks have pointed out in a constructive manner, I’m all for shooting one if the opportunity arises and it turns you on.

I Maybe you should go use your brain for something positive instead of adding......like Burntorange and the other dude.......absolutely nothing worth reading.

Have a nice day [emoji1303]

Comment

How many cats have you seen in the wild? I’m 47 years old and have seen 0

Comment

I’ve never seen one. Many TBH members have seen dozens and have grainy, blurry pics to prove it. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
              How many cats have you seen in the wild? I’m 47 years old and have seen 0
              2 confirmed in Llano and Menard County. 1 pretty sure but not comfirmed in Zavala Cnty. Have heard several in South Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                To be fair the majority of people seem to think that ALL large carnivores are endangered...
                Either that or cute and cuddly forest creatures just eating twigs and berries waiting to get petted. LOL

Comment

It’s interesting to me how when someone, me for example in this thread, asks a question which to me.....seems to be USING MY BRAIN in the first place to gain some knowledge I didn’t have prior to posting the question.......means somehow I’m not using my brain. Last time I checked it was perfectly fine for someone to ask a question. Do YOU see lots of ML’s? I’ve never seen one. Never seen any sign of one and don’t know anyone that’s seen one either. I don’t see many posts on here about people taking them. So I thought, after I researched what I could, that they were pretty rare. If they’re rare, in an effort to see more of them instead of less I asked if we should be killing them......sort of like a general rule of wildlife management you know. If they’re not rare, which several good folks have pointed out in a constructive manner, I’m all for shooting one if the opportunity arises and it turns you on.

I Maybe you should go use your brain for something positive instead of adding......like Burntorange and the other dude.......absolutely nothing worth reading.

Have a nice day [emoji1303]

Speaking of wildlife management, wouldn't it stand to reason that they are indeed not endangered if biologists and WLF have deemed them plentiful enough to hunt? Sorry I got ur britches in a knot. I'll go sit over there now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Speaking of wildlife management, wouldn't it stand to reason that they are indeed not endangered if biologists and WLF have deemed them plentiful enough to hunt? Sorry I got ur britches in a knot. I'll go sit over there now

Lol. I did get a little riled up but only because this isn’t just a place for men to make you feel stupid every chance they get. Seems to be something that happens often on here. I was just asking an honest question and after reading a bunch of literature about their population, most biologist actually say that habitat destruction and encroachment on territory are actually the main factors in the population decline. Other than the folks on here saying “they’re plentiful” and a few folks pointing out what they’ve read, I didn’t see the research that proved there was a healthy population. I hate the thought that Biologist need to label them endangered before they started regulating. I was just curious. I don’t believe all large predators are endangered by any stretch of the imagination. But there are some I think we don’t see enough of and it’s because we as humans eradicate them. Either directly or indirectly.

Comment

They arent endangered at all. Ive seen 6 since my 20's. Spend more time in the woods than the city..

Comment

Lol. I did get a little riled up but only because this isn’t just a place for men to make you feel stupid every chance they get. Seems to be something that happens often on here. I was just asking an honest question and after reading a bunch of literature about their population, most biologist actually say that habitat destruction and encroachment on territory are actually the main factors in the population decline. Other than the folks on here saying “they’re plentiful” and a few folks pointing out what they’ve read, I didn’t see the research that proved there was a healthy population. I hate the thought that Biologist need to label them endangered before they started regulating. I was just curious. I don’t believe all large predators are endangered by any stretch of the imagination. But there are some I think we don’t see enough of and it’s because we as humans eradicate them. Either directly or indirectly.

I think not seeing em because of their elusiveness has merit. The black hills of South Dakota are said to have the highest concentration of lions in the states. I spent a week there hunting Turkey and lookin over my shoulder and never seen one either. Saw a track, but no cat. I've seen 2 in my life, 1st 1 in Florida and the second 1 here in Louisiana. None were black of course

Comment

I think not seeing em because of their elusiveness has merit. The black hills of South Dakota are said to have the highest concentration of lions in the states. I spent a week there hunting Turkey and lookin over my shoulder and never seen one either. Saw a track, but no cat. I've seen 2 in my life, 1st 1 in Florida and the second 1 here in Louisiana. None were black of course

Lol I think the black ones are unicorns. I’d love to see one in person. As long as I was well armed [emoji6]

Comment

is that a miniature bottle of bleach?

Comment

There was one radio collared mountain lion that passed through my part of the country several years ago. It was released in Colorado if I remember correctly and was killed in New Mexico. That goes to show how far those things can travel. Which I think really would make it hard to keep tabs on which mountain lion belonged where and how many are in a certain State.

Comment

Working...
                              X