Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not really a bonus, but it felt like it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really a bonus, but it felt like it!

Received an order from Midway yesterday. Dies, bullets, and brass for my 300 Wby. I rummaged through it, and it turns out I ordered primed brass! I’m sure I more than paid for it, but hey a 100 unexpected primers is fine by me. Now, I need to track down some powder for the 180gr loads....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one pound of reloader 33..

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
      I have one pound of reloader 33..

Thanks but I think hat might be for bullets heavier than what I’m shooting.

Comment

Congrats on the score! I might have some powder that will work, shoot me a pm of what you are looking for. I also have a like-new Redding body die for the 300 Wby if you don't have one. You will likely eventually need one on that belted case. Do you ever get up thru east Tx these days?

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
          Congrats on the score! I might have some powder that will work, shoot me a pm of what you are looking for. I also have a like-new Redding body die for the 300 Wby if you don't have one. You will likely eventually need one on that belted case. Do you ever get up thru east Tx these days?

Is that the same thing as a full length resizing die? Mine are RCBS full length dies. For powder I’m going to try to track down IMR 7828 or Reloader 25.

Comment

RL 19 could be a good option too.

Comment

OK, I don't have either of those powders, sorry. No the body die is different than a FL sizing die, which usually doesn't size all the way down to the belt. A body die will size that portion of the case, which is important if headspacing off the belt. After several loadings with a FL die that lower portion of the case can become tight and could impact precision.

Comment

Working...
              X