Can-nundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    There’s enough compact light 30 Cals on the market to not have a need for a dedicated 556 can these days. The only 556 can I bought was in 2012, and I have yet to need another. At the time short compact 30 cals weren’t a thing yet.
    I guess you missed that he has a .30 can

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      I guess you missed that he has a .30 can
      I guess you missed the point that there’s no need for a dedicated 223 can. I’ve got more .30 cal cans than I can count and only one 223 can. Guess what I’m never buying another one of?

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        Why did you have to post that. I spent yesterday and last night looking at subguns and now I need one with a can...
        Man it’s slippery slope lol been there done that. I’m glad for the most part I’ve lost interest in attaining new firearms, and my main goal is feeding the ones I have these days.

Comment

Man it’s slippery slope lol been there done that. I’m glad for the most part I’ve lost interest in attaining new firearms, and my main goal is feeding the ones I have these days.
          I don't "need" another firearm, I was planning on getting a .22 can and justifying it for taking my daughter out shooting eventually (about to turn 3 in April). Thinking about the APR build but now a subgun and wolfman sounds like it need to be in the safe.

To the OP, I would go either .22 because it's really fun shooting suppressed .22, and cheap. Or another .30 cal. I use my 30cal can on .308, .556 and 300bo and it works great on all of them. I prefer the versatility of being able to use it on any of the rifles I have in my safe vs a dedicated .223/5.56 can but I'm also just shooting for fun and don't have to have the quietest possible combo on my ar. I'm also waiting for another one of the buy one get a .22 suppressor deals but haven't seen one of those in a while

Comment

OP, I would either get a short "K" can like the Resonator K or a big boy, max suppression can like the Nomad L/LT.
            I like to shoot 2 long guns at a time when I go to the bench. Shoot one and then the other while the 1st cools and rotate them.
            2- 30cal cans with different purposes uses would be my choice, also dedicated 5.56 cans aren't much quieter than a 30cal can.
            Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 01-19-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I guess you missed the point that there’s no need for a dedicated 223 can. I’ve got more .30 cal cans than I can count and only one 223 can. Guess what I’m never buying another one of?
              I have a .30, .338, .45, and a .22. My next can is a light 5.56.

Comment

I've had my Resonator for 2 years now, and in September I paid my permission slip for another YHM, only the R2 this time! I love that thing! It is awesome on 6.5g or cm, 308, 300blk, and 223. My wife likes it so much on her savage that I broke down and bought the second one. You won't regret it, especially for the money!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                  I'm new to the CAN Game & recently filed for & purchased a DEAD AIR " NOMAD " just playing the waiting game now..... Does anyone have one of these or had any experience with this can ???? If so did I make a good choice or not ??? The guy at the place I purchased from said that's all he runs & has 5 of the, so I figured it must be good ??? I will be using on my 300blk & AR 223
                  Nothin wrong with a Nomad bud. Dead Air makes a good can.

Comment

Same here. Only dedicated 223 can I own is on my full auto. Mainly because I don't care if it gets burned out. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                      I have a .30, .338, .45, and a .22. My next can is a light 5.56.
                      Can you give me a reason why? It’s your money, and you’re obviously free to spend it how you want. I can’t think of a single reason to buy one these days with the current crop of .30 cal cans available. 5-10 years ago that wasn’t the case.

Comment

30 cal cans. Multiple. And a couple 22 cans.

Pass on the pistol can. My octane just sits.

Dedicated 5.56 cans are dumb. Roll a good 30 cal can. You won’t tell the difference and can make much better use of it on multiple platforms.

Comment

I've got a lightweight 30 cal (Ultra 7) that goes on hunts, and a do it all in the Hybrid 46 for plinking, mag dumps, etc. I just purchased an Octane 9 to live on my HK VP9 but won't get that until later this year. The Octane can also ride on a .22 so planning on throwing it on those as well. We'll see if there's anymore later on, but for now I think this takes care of what I shoot.

The Hybrid 46 has great versatility and sound, but it's heavy at more than 17 ounces. This bothers some people and is a non-issue to others, but worth mentioning. If you're looking to throw it on a pistol be advised, but it's great on a rifle.

Comment

Working...
                          X