No announcement yet.

White House Proposing New Background checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The feds already know everything we own.

Thos wont solve anything, but I'd happily trade universal background checks for removing SBRs and Silencers from the NFA

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Y'all just need to think of all the mass murders this law will stop.
      Exactly! I feel so much safer when I go to a place that prohibits guns. At least you know the bad guys can't get you there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        So if you have a CHL does that bypass the call in? In regards to this new proposal.
        That's done on a state by state basis today. The feds allow for the states to make that decision. I would not anticipate that changing. As you can expect, most red states allow it, blue states not so much...

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

Thos wont solve anything, but I'd happily trade universal background checks for removing SBRs and Silencers from the NFA
          They really don't. FFLs are required to keep records for 20 years, after that they can be destroyed. Serials aren't called in to the FBI when a background check is done, so their only recourse is to reference the dealers 4473s. If they are older than 20 years and the dealer keeps up with his purging, then the gvt has no clue who has what.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
            Owning a firearm is guaranteed and protected by the constitution. Comparing it to car ownership is apples and oranges and not a good argument.

Having to register your religion and have a license to go to church would be a better example of a parallel requirement.
            That's a way better analogy. Good call.

The only issue with that argument is we have already allowed our rights to be infringed upon (for all intents and purposes we banned automatics and suppressors, and I am fairly certain bump stocks were banned by this admin), so what's the big deal by telling some private individuals they have to report all the guns they buy or sell?

That's the argument you have to overcome, and for a majority of the public, they think "welp, if it saves just one life, it's worth it". Those are the same idiots that think their car is safe because government made them get an inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
              The FBI runs the background check, the FFL/ person just tells them to run it. The result is one of 3... Approve, Deny, or Delay... Not sure how that violates anyone's medical privacy. The FBI does not tell dealers why a person is denied.

So if you and I both live as neighbors in the mountains of Colorado and you want to buy one of my guns. There are no FFL people around us for hours. How is a background check conducted in this instance?

Comment

I have been approved to purchase a firearm only once since the background was enacted. Was never denied, according to the dealers, But the national dealers (Academy, Walmart, BPS etc won't sell unless they get an "Accepted" reply from the Feds. Yes, I have a record, in fact a few. But they are not anything that would put me in the "denied" list. Don't know how the one "accepted" happened but it did.
                I know, I should'a kept my nose clean as a youngster but it didn't happen. But the goment can and will use every means possible to deny the right of a citizen to bear arms. We have it good now. Let this pass and we will be on the proverbial slippery slope!

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

Your statement is wrong. They don’t know everything you own. They don’t track it. They only track the background check.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ-T View Post
                    So if you and I both live as neighbors in the mountains of Colorado and you want to buy one of my guns. There are no FFL people around us for hours. How is a background check conducted in this instance?
                    Smartphone and an app. Take a photo of the ID, put it into the app along with both the purchaser and sellers name, and run it. It's the 21st century, there is no reason that can't be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                      They really don't. FFLs are required to keep records for 20 years, after that they can be destroyed. Serials aren't called in to the FBI when a background check is done, so their only recourse is to reference the dealers 4473s. If they are older than 20 years and the dealer keeps up with his purging, then the gvt has no clue who has what.

This. Most people don't understand what really happens when you fill out the 4473.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

This can’t be true, because I heard Trump say that he was the most 2nd Amendment guy ever...........

Comment

It seems to me like this does absolutely nothing but put liability on the seller.

What in the world does this solve, prevent or would have prevented?

Comment

There's no clear definition of "commercial seller" in this document. I think this will only affect those trying to sell guns at gun shows. I don't know that this affects the private sale of a gun.

Comment

Call the White House at (202) 456-1111 or (202) 456-1414 right away and politely urge President Trump not to push any gun control deals.

Then call your U.S. Senators at (202) 224-3121 and urge them to reject any gun control package even if it comes from the White House.

If you can't get through on the phone -

Ted Cruz - https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=form&id=16

John Cornyn - https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/contact

And if you're not a member of the NRA consider one of the other Pro Gun Groups

1. The Second Amendment Foundation
                              2. Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
                              3. Gun Owners of America
                              4. National Association for Gun Rights
                              5. Constitutional Rights PAC

Comment

I won't sell you a gun but you can rent one from me for a very long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X