Lometa Speed Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lometa Speed Trap

Any TBH’ers live near Lometa? What’s the deal with that cop and his little speed trap as people roll through town? He has a little hidey hole setup on the West side of the road. Almost impossible to pick him out going northbound. Heck, I couldn’t see him when I was looking for him the next day when we were southbound. My wife had to point him out. Saw him tag the guy in front of me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just don’t speed through town and you’ll be good

Comment

There’s a female officer there that I see have someone pulled over every single time I drive through town. It’s pretty well known....... don’t speed through that town

Comment

Hate it when they have their fundraisers. Gotta make the quota/payroll I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
          Just don’t speed through town and you’ll be good

This! I go through there all the time. No issue!

Comment

That's where our ranch is located and we see them every weekend, slow down they love to give tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              This! I go through there all the time. No issue!
              Me too. I usually stop and buy ice and last minute camp supplies before cutting over towards San Saba. Hate tickets...

Comment

Man's gotta get his bonus somehow

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Strange town. Sold their water rights to Canada. {I think} Took the money and bought more speed traps. I crawl through that town................

Comment

Just use the WAZE app and mark the speed traps when you see them. Then WAZE(other users) will reciprocate and tell you where traps are in other places. You get to confirm the speed traps or confirm the speed trap is gone. Mark other hazards, like debris in road, road kill, traffic, road construction, stalled vehicles etc. All in real time. Provided you have a phone signal.
                    I am not advocating speeding or breaking laws. I just like road info in real time and do NOT like traps.

Comment

Last week the South bound car was a decoy. Somebody on vacation I suppose

Comment

Must not be a donut shop in town for them to hang out at. Gotta kill time some how.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                          Just use the WAZE app and mark the speed traps when you see them. Then WAZE(other users) will reciprocate and tell you where traps are in other places. You get to confirm the speed traps or confirm the speed trap is gone. Mark other hazards, like debris in road, road kill, traffic, road construction, stalled vehicles etc. All in real time. Provided you have a phone signal.
                          I am not advocating speeding or breaking laws. I just like road info in real time and do NOT like traps.
                          This is a must on long trips, especially in new territory.
                          I wonder if cops use it though?
                          Seems like it would be easy enough to move once someone marked you.

Comment

I would not call it a "speed trap", just a low/zero tolerance zone

Lone Oak Texas is another place you better drive the speed limit, especially on the south side

Comment

All of 59 is a speed trap. From one town to the next.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X