Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What string material / company would you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What string material / company would you use?

I have a 2009 Alphamax 32. I realized this year that it's been a while since I've shot it, and I'd like to put a new set of strings on it before it gets too close to hunting season.

Like I said... it's been a while. The last set was from Korbin's Bowstrings. I'm not sure if they are still in business, or if Korbin's Archery is the same place, as I don't see bowstrings offered on their site.

Looking for suggestions for bowstring material, serving material, as well as a recommendation for the company to order from. I no longer live in TX, so whoever I order from, it will have to be shipped to me in VA. I can install them myself. Looking for a quality bowstring for hunting.

Thanks in advance.

All the best,
    Glenn

As far as compounds go I’ve been really pleased with BCY-X. I have found it to be a very stable compound and very durable with low fuzz while still maintaining good speed and a fairly soft shot. I’ve been running it on my personal bows since it came out and it’s all I use on customer rigs. 60x is my builder of choice but there are a lot of good ones out there. You’ll probably find most guys building use the same compounds but the really good sets are the ones that are built correctly using the proper processes. A good set greatly reduces trips in and out of the bow press and make things like serving separation and peep rotation a non issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try www.wickedtwistedbowstrings.com. The do an EXCELLENT job and offer BCY and Bloodline material. Use code “DC” for 10% discount, or they’re offering free shipping this month.

@StraightWayOutdoors
      Straight Way Outdoors, Fulcrum Archery, Elite Archery, Upwind Odor Elimination, Wicked Twisted Bowstrings

Comment

GAS Strings are my favorite but they have a 3 month wait time right now. Would be hard to get some before season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X