No announcement yet.

Wheat pennies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep them too and any silver coins I happen to get in change.

Comment

Originally posted by Tykam View Post
      I worked at a bank for a few years, I looked through every single coin that went through that place and kept anything that could be worth more than face value one day. When I got a new job I was able to save A LOT more of my paycheck
      I was hoping you would chime in. You're being conservative.

Comment

I save the zinc 1943 pennies. That was the only year zinc was used in pennies. It was also the year I was born.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
          The 1943-D copper cent is probably the most valuable small cent at $1.7 million.

You have much better odds of finding a 1969-S doubled die cent...

https://www.coinworld.com/news/preci...erse-cent.html
          Hey, I am going to go through them again and see if there are any of the 1969 s penny’s. But how do I tell it’s it’s “ double die” ? Those pictures look like regular ol penny’s to me.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            Hey, I am going to go through them again and see if there are any of the 1969 s penny’s. But how do I tell it’s it’s “ double die” ? Those pictures look like regular ol penny’s to me.
            You will see distinct doubling of the date, "LIBERTY", and "IN GOD WE TRUST".

These photos will allow you to zoom in and see it clearly.

Other doubled die Memorial cents to look for are 1972, 1983, 1984, and 1995.

Comment

Check your pocket change! The first 2020 West Point Mint quarters were scheduled for release into circulation today.

The period from May 8 to September 2, 2020, marks the 75th anniversary of the conclusion of World War II. In recognition of this significant

PCGS is again offering a $2000 reward for the first ones submitted for grading like they did in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                Check your pocket change! The first 2020 West Point Mint quarters were scheduled for release into circulation today.

The period from May 8 to September 2, 2020, marks the 75th anniversary of the conclusion of World War II. In recognition of this significant

PCGS is again offering a $2000 reward for the first ones submitted for grading like they did in 2019.

https://www.pcgs.com/2020quarterquest
                The Samoa quarter has two bats on the front.

Comment

Figured I'd bring this back up. I found some Franklin Half Dollars,Morgan dollars and a few Peace Dollars I had stowed away and I actually forgot I had them. Pretty cool coins but I haven't researched them much yet.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
                    A couple years ago I got a 1944 Nickel out of a change machine at HEB. It’s made of Steel. Probably not worth much but I put it in my small pile of “things that may be worth something one day”.
                    I think those are actually worth a bit of money, compared to previous and later nickels. I read about them a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      Figured I'd bring this back up. I found some Franklin Half Dollars,Morgan dollars and a few Peace Dollars I had stowed away and I actually forgot I had them. Pretty cool coins but I haven't researched them much yet.

Depending on condition, year, and mint they can be worth a lot or as little as about $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I might have a few

Attached Files

Comment

Wow now that’s a piggy bank

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                            Depending on condition, year, and mint they can be worth a lot or as little as about $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            They're all in good shape for the most part. I'm gonna have to sit down and go through them when I have time. It'd sure be nice if I have one that's worth a bunch of money. My luck don't work like that though so I won't get my hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                              We watched a movie a few weeks ago where a serial killer was always looking for a certain penny. I googled the most valuable pennies just for fun and noticed some wheat pennies on the list. Just happened to look at the change in my cupholder and saw the back side of a wheat penny. Turned it over and it was from 1946. Thinking I may have hit the jackpot I pulled the list back up...not listed. So I typed in 1946 Wheat Penny; mint condition...$.14 cents.

Skunked again.
                              It’s a 1943 copper penny that’s worth the most. I have a number of 1944 and a few 1942. I have a few 1943 but they are silver or nickel.

Comment

Owned 4 car washes and a laundromat. I got very good at hearing silver quarters when I was pouring change into buckets. Found several thousand over time. Sold them for $2 back in the day. They’d be worth more today but I was selling for scrap value then.

Comment

Working...
                                X