No announcement yet.

How do you get rid of cat smell!?!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinegar....baking soda...cheap miracles...urine "eating" liquid spray is good also....

Comment

Cat still around? If so, .22 will stop the smell in the future.

Comment

First I would get a pump sprayer with vinegar. Spray the whole room and allow to completely dry. Then run Ionizer for 2-4 hours, air out Then mix one cup baking soda to 3 quarts hydrogen peroxide in sprayer. Spray entire room. Repeat if needed.
        Last edited by BrianL; 10-14-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I'm on the same mind-set as some of the others with regard to the laminate flooring. Eventually, that stuff will soak up fluids if it sits in it long enough. Knowing the issue behind a cat living in a closed room, safe bet is that laminate flooring is behind the residual smell. Fluids will also get unde the laminate since it is a floating floor system.

Something else to look into are the base boards along the walls. I installed a laminate floor in my inlaw's house years ago and had to pull the base boards to do it. They always had cats and there was always a faint urine odor in the house, more prominent in certain rooms. When I pulled the base boards off, the odor hit you in the face like a brick! The cats apparently sprayed the walls and the boards soaked it up. After replacing the base boards, the entire house smelled a lot better!

Comment

So the smell is gone! I steam cleaned floors probably 4 times and then washed the walls / baseboards / every surface with bleach water. Then I stuck the ozone generator in there for two 3 hour stints. I think it was gone after the first one but I was being overly cautious about the ozone and didn’t want to walk around sniffing. Thank you to all of you that helped me get here!

Comment

You’ll just get used to after awhile, or sounds like maybe you have.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                Laminate flooring has a mat underneath it to take the echo out and prevent moisture from the slab. If the cat was peeing/spraying my bet is that and the particle board below the laminate is holding the smell. I am no ozone expert but I’m not sure if it will get rid of that.
                X2. You will have to remove the laminate flooring, clean real good and install new.

Comment

Start with a bag of charcoal, empty out half of the charcoal, put cat in the bag with the remaining charcoal, seal tightly, dispose of entire bag, sprinkle remaining charcoal around the room, apply lighter fluid and allow to soak for 10 minutes, light house on fire.

I hate the smell of cat pee....

Comment

I don’t need to do anything else fellas. The smell is GOOOOONE!!!

Comment

It may of gotten under the laminate flooring. I know it sounds like an easy way to clean. But it still has seams on the flooring. The flooring still may need to be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                        Start with a bag of charcoal, empty out half of the charcoal, put cat in the bag with the remaining charcoal, seal tightly, dispose of entire bag, sprinkle remaining charcoal around the room, apply lighter fluid and allow to soak for 10 minutes, light house on fire.

I hate the smell of cat pee....

I don't always agree with this guy.....but he is right about this!

Comment

I have never been so happy to get rid of an animal. Hate cats, and this is one more reason to. My bloodhound wanted to eat it baaaaad.

Comment

pee on it

Comment

Get some ACTIVATED charcoal and put it out in some bowls. It will absorb the odor.

Comment

Working...
                              X