Fuel can, epa regs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    Just bought a 5 gal plastic fuel container for my diesel. In the past I got around the stupid nozzle by putting the can on top of my tool box and using a self priming siphon hose to empty it in my tank. Well, this one has a gadget inside the can that doesn't allow me to do that and it is virtually impossible to hold, pour, and pull on the friggin trigger. I hope that TRUMP reverses the POS EPA ruling on this.
    The dude’s had 4 years to do something about it. You’ll probably be waiting a long time if you expect him to take some action. He’s probably never used a gas can in his whole life. I think he mostly only concerns himself with things that affect him. If you’ll remember he tried to reverse the incandescent light ban because he thinks his skin doesn’t look good under the new bulbs and he tried to get rid of low flow toilets and faucets because it took him 5 flushes to get a **** to go down. But anyway I agree with you on the gas cans. Stupidest law ever.

Comment

VP or get on Amazon and they have an old school gas can spout conversion kit.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
        VP or get on Amazon and they have an old school gas can spout conversion kit.
        Yep, just ordered one. Thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          has anyone mentioned VP?

if not TSC has one like it only white
          Burt Reynolds might have. Maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            I have both VP and LC2 jugs and much prefer the LC2, they are just as good as VP but easier to pour due to 2nd molded in handle at the bottom.

https://www.amazon.com/LC-Utility-Fi...ag=googhydr-20

Brent, my VP's have a molded in handle ( big indention) in the bottom for a handle... check yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Here ya go Jack......you'll never buy any other kind after you use it once

https://www.amazon.com/Justrite-Galv...2785287&sr=8-6
              I have several of these. They fit in the bed of the truck even with the bakflip closed. VP doesn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Brent, my VP's have a molded in handle ( big indention) in the bottom for a handle... check yours.

Indention..... I’m talking an actual handle you can grip!

Comment

You can also make your own spouts. Home depot has the threaded nipple and hose in plumbing.

Comment

Just proof that the gubment can jack up anything.

Comment

I just siphon from some poor stranger’s truck directly to mine. Forget the can. ��

Comment

Another vote for Atwood. Recently bought a VP with some stupid vent hose in it, it is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                          Another vote for Atwood. Recently bought a VP with some stupid vent hose in it, it is terrible.
                          Dam, don't tell me that. I just ordered a VP.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            Dam, don't tell me that. I just ordered a VP.
                            Hopefully yours is the original design. Mine doesn’t have a vent, but rather a little tube/hose that runs from the end of the spout to the bottom of the can. It still create a suction and you have to tip and gas can back and forth to let it ‘breathe’.

Comment

I usually aquire my gas cans doing my adopt-a-highway cleanups. I'm up to 12 now. I just can't justify spending that kind of $$$ on a VP

Comment

I have a VP but picked up 3 of the Atwood’s jugs last Friday. I’m not worried about the bottom handle. Anything is better than the EPA gas cans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X