Shooting to the right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting to the right.

I am hitting pretty much dead on at 20 yds. Move out to 30 and my arrows hit a 1-2 inches right. Move to 40 and it's 2-3 inches right. 50 its 3-4 inches right. It is not a wind r-l or l-r thing.

What is causing me to fade to the right technique wise as the distance increases?

I am not shooting at a deer over 35 yards by the way. Pigs yes.

Grip too tight maybe?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Could be torquing the bow. Arrow could be planing. Might be out of tune. I would do a French tune or walk back if out of tune. If it’s broad head planing shoot your field points and see if they do the same. If you’re torquing the bow check your grip. Lots of variables. Just have to work through them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Adjusting the arrow rest a little may help.

Comment

Maybe twisting on grip.

Comment

Farther out you are the greater the flaw shows. Assuming it’s tuned fine adjust sights to put your 40 dead on and then shoot 20 again. If it hits bull then done. If not then rest is not tuned.

Comment

My grip is pretty light I think. I am watching the level for canting the bow also.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                Farther out you are the greater the flaw shows. Assuming it’s tuned fine adjust sights to put your 40 dead on and then shoot 20 again. If it hits bull then done. If not then rest is not tuned.

I would do this. Its a good way to make sure its not just a minor windage adjustment thats needed. If it is off even a half inch at 20, that will increase out to 30, 40 and farther like you’re seeing. Hopefully thats all it is.

How do your broadheads fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Aim left

Get zeroed at 35 yards then see how it hits everywhere else. Also check paper tune. I bet it’s not tuned correctly

Comment

your center shot is off.. Kick your rest just a little to the left

Comment

2nd Axis is off.

If not that and you’re right handed, likely a grip issue
                      Last edited by Fishndude; 09-28-2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

set your sites at 30 or 40 and see where they are at 20. Any little bit of adjustment is much more apparent at a distance

Comment

Adjust centershot and if not that try your sight axis

Comment

I would bet you are canting(leaning) the bow. If your sight has a level, then use it to make sure your bow is vertical.

Comment

You draw weight may be to high
                              It’s dead on up close because it does not have time to get off course.

Comment

Working...
                              X