No announcement yet.

ATT, T Mobile or Verizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the operational features and speed of my iPhone 8+. What I don't like about it is it is a PITA to carry because of it's size, but my tired old eyes sure like the big screen! Couple of my field people have the whippur whizz 11's and such and I can't see any difference. When the system flips over to real full on 5G you'll have to buy a new phone anyway to take full advantage of what all it can do. These new ones aren't true 5G phones yet, so I decided not to spend a grand on a dang phone... I'll wait for the new technology to be done on the 5G system...

Comment

I have been with ATT for years and never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        Time for me to switch carriers, I have had Sprint for 17 years and they are worthless at this point. Stopped at their store yesterday and was told Sprint will disappear in two years due to the buyout from T Mobile. I did a search on here and really did not come up with much info.
        I stopped at the ATT store and they kept drumming up hidden charges for this or that, two phone plan started at 176.00 a month and after all the"hidden fees" it was 260.00 a month. I walked out about half way through the deal. I do believe that particular store is mismanaged.
        Which carrier provides the best coverage? Some say Verizon, some say ATT and now I hear T Mobile will be tops in coverage. I talked with Verizon yesterday and thought about using them. What is the best choice?

I do know ATT has the best coverage in rural areas in Texas. Might not be the fastest but I almost always have some kind of service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had Sprint, Tmobile,Verizon and AT&T in the past 4 years. My company phone was Verizon and Sprint. My personal cell was Att and now Tmobile.

It just depends where your at for service quality. For me in Rocksprings, TMobile works like I'm at the house. All other carriers either don't work or are very slow. I pay 105bucks a month with my military discount.

Comment

I left Cricket because it does not have the same service as ATT. I know they are the same company on the same towers, but when you are in rural areas there is a difference. Terlingua, TX no Cricket service but ATT works and I have data. Big Bend National Park the same. No Cricket but ATT works. Grand Teton mountains no Cricket but ATT works great. I made several trips out of the area with others who had service before I finally switched. I thought Cricket was great, I do pay a bit more for ATT but I am out in the sticks a lot so I figured it was worth it.

Comment

Cricket is a prepaid service that uses AT & T towers. Just like Metro used to use T-Mobile towers. Verizon has prepaid as well. When you are on prepaid you get lesser tower priority which is why it is cheaper.

I explain it like this. If a prepaid cust and a postpaid cust. Both want to use the tower at the same time the postpaid customer is going to get service first because they pay more and are a higher priority.

I am sure all companies have pluses and minus in some way or another.

Rick

Comment

I went with ATT, set it up through my business account for two phones. Iphone 11 Pro, 5g capable. Unlimited everything, insurance, and paid half down on phones. Monthly bill is 219.79 with tax for 2 phones. I am sure there is some hidden charge I am unaware of though.

I am glad some of y'all told me of Verizon issues in south Texas, I would have been mad.

Comment

None of the above

Look up googlefi

Cheaper more coverage and a better pay structure

Comment

May not matter to you but iphone does not have a 5g phone on the market. AT & T has been sued several times over their false advertising claims. They do not have 5g but the phone says it does. I would definately go with best coverage where your at.

Rick

Comment

We switched from ATT to T-Mobile about a year ago without any major issues. T-Mobile actually works better at our property in Centerville. 5 lines saved $150 a month.

Comment

Don’t go ATAT they suck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by STONE KILLER View Post
                          Don’t go ATAT they suck!!!

Opinions are just like *** holes, everbody's got one...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Opinions are just like *** holes, everbody's got one...

I’ve got ATAT and have my whole life. It’s not a opinion it’s a fact. If it wasn’t for my while family being on the plan I would of switched forever ago. Service is terrible

Comment

VZW has best network in most of the country but has a big hole in West Central TX all the way from Brownwood down to Del Rio due to lack of freq so it is better to use ATT or one of the MVNO operators who use the ATT network. Sprint and T-Mobile are in process of combining their networks and they are moving slowly. Check out the MVNOs for better pricing but there may be some fudging on roaming agreements. Some are owned by the carriers themselves example (ATT owns Cricket). Carriers are getting access to CBRS (citizens broadband radio service) freqencies so some but not all coverage issues could be eliminated. Problem is sites must exist to use CBRS and there have not been sites built where carrier did not own freq.

Comment

Straight talk on Verizon towers.

Straight talk on AT&T towers if you’re commonly somewhere Verizon doesn’t cover.

Comment

Working...
                                X