Mexico’s anti- immigration plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexico’s anti- immigration plan

In a bid to reduce migration to the U.S. and attract investment, Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has proposed the creation of economic “free zones” along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Summary- make the entire border region on the Mexican side a “tax free”/tax reduced and increased minimum wage region.

Sounds great on the surface, and probably is short term, but I don’t see how that’s sustainable long term. It will entice Mexicans residing in the interior to migrate to the border. There seems there would be significant risk of a net loss in tax revenue if current Mexican corps move operations to the border region to take advantage of the reduced taxes. That could lead to the system collapse. But never fear, migrants will already be staged at the border because the plan encouraged them to move there

All the more reason for an impenetrable wall. Maybe 200 feet high and 200 feet into the ground. Also needs a moat on Mexico side filled with hungry crocs.

Comment

Instead of a wall, how about we build a canal connecting the Pacific with the GOM, ala the Panama Canal? Talk about a barrier and the number of jobs it would create.

Comment

How about we just become mean bastages..You know like every other country on planet earth and don't let illegals in? And when caught they don't get special care of any kind. I don't know but maybe treat them like they did something illegal?

And maybe don't encourage them to come over with welfare, free healthcare, free school for kids who only speak Spanish. And all the other crap we give illegals...you know like jobs LOL

If it wasn't so plain wrong on so many levels it would be funny how jacked up this all is. It's almost too obvious how to fix the problem but for some odd reason EVERY other option is thrown out there except the solutions that would work.

Comment

Just wait...this obrador character is going to cause all kinds of issues. Pretty extreme fella.

Comment

The reason for the immigration is the money - there has to be a way to penalize the people giving them the money. Stop the money flow at the top.

That's the only way to stop this, in my opinion.

I also believe that most manual labor employers will tell you that this would severely hurt the ability to get work done.

Comment

I wonder if a few more American businesses will relocate to reap some of the benefits ...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                I wonder if a few more American businesses will relocate to reap some of the benefits ...
                Could happen. Imagine a Ford Motor Co. assembly plant in Terlingua or Presido or Amazon in Langtry or Jose's Landscape in Fort Hancock

Comment

Working...
                X