Last hunt of the regular season is in the books. LDPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last hunt of the regular season is in the books. LDPs

I would love to write about the last hunt of the year involving the largest buck I have ever seen but unfortunately that is not the case. The hunt did not start off well from the moment the DPS officer pulled me over for going 80 in a 70 and then pointed out that my registration sticker expired last month. My fault 100 percent and it seemed like forever to get done because the clock was ticking to make it to the ranch. After some small talk I continued on with a few warnings and no citation, is thank you Mr. Trooper for seeing a desperate man and sensing I was somewhat of a good person. When I dropped my wife off at her blind and finally got into my blind I immediately saw several young deer eating in the sendero and every time they looked back into the brush I just knew a nice buck was about to walk out. Legal hunting time was quickly fading and a group of pigs came out and at that time I figured my chances of seeing a mature whitetail were very slim. I picked out a pig that I thought would be perfect for grilling and positioned myself for a shot. I went through my normal routine of checking to make sure I was going to clear the window, leveling out my bubble and then adjusting my pin to the correct yardage. A smooth squeeze of the release that has been years in the refining saw a well placed arrow pass straight throw the devine swine at 18 yards. 20 minutes later I climbed out of the blind and found a good trail from my trusty slick trick. The pig was about 30 yards from ground zero in a big mess of mesquite, cactus, guajillo brush and black brush. The regular season is in the books and the next few weeks will be used to finish filling the freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Nice poke on the pig!

Comment

Atta boy

Comment

I've only had one season out of too many to count end with a good buck in the hero photo. So to me it seems like yours pretty good. Congratulations.

Gary

Comment

Hog, deer, jave, does not matter, I still get a thrill when I trail blood and then walk up to my bow kill.

Comment

Working...
            X