Can am vs Polaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can am vs Polaris

There may already be a thread on this but i didn’t see it.

I’ve had a couple Rangers & never had any real issues, but am considering trying the can am. I’m particularly interested in the crew cab models with air conditioner.

Any pros/cons that anyone wants to share? Recommendations or suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can Am......

My X3 Maverick would go places the RZR wouldn't think about.......

of course mine was a sport model

Comment

One of my good friends has the Can Am Defender with AC and heat. His girls abuse it and he hasn't had any issues. The AC doesn't blow real cold at idle when it's 105deg but it better than than nothing. I personally do not like being able to easily shoot out of it but your hunting style may not make that a big deal.

My boy has a Can Am 4 wheeler and aside from one broken shock we haven't any problems. It is smooth as glass and will run like millennial being chased by Burnadell.

Comment

CanAm..

Comment

I had a 2022 Polaris northstar ultimate, and now I have a 2022.5 can am defender max limited.
          They both have their shortfalls.
          If you could put both together, that would be the perfect UTV.
          I am happier with the can am though.
          I would buy another can am in a heartbeat, probably not a ranger.

Comment

Good info. Thanks All. I’m pretty sure I’ll go with can am, just gotta find one now & sell my 19 Ranger crew 900 xp

Comment

I have a 2020 Defender.
              It is a good machine.
              Make sure to get the power steering. It's worth the little extra.

Comment

Check the classifieds. Pretty sure there is one on there at a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                  Check the classifieds. Pretty sure there is one on there at a good price.

Yessir i saw that. Seems pretty legit. Scares me a tad that he says it don’t cool that well. If it’s not going to cool great, I’d rather have open cab. Kind of like running a tractor with all the windows in it but the AC don’t work. I’m too old for that kind of sweat

Comment

Originally posted by Juddster View Post
                    Yessir i saw that. Seems pretty legit. Scares me a tad that he says it don’t cool that well. If it’s not going to cool great, I’d rather have open cab. Kind of like running a tractor with all the windows in it but the AC don’t work. I’m too old for that kind of sweat

Front seat on my 2022 get pretty cold. Now in the back seat its kind of like being in a tractor. Coolish on the front side and hot on your back side.

Buddy of mine owns a repair shop. He said the Canams are not as user friendly to work on and do self repairs etc. But its 50/50 really. Ive been happy with my 2022 northstar so far.

Comment

Fan of can am, but mine doesn't have heat or a/c. Heat would be nice. I don't think I'd want a/c.

Comment

Part of having a UTV is being outdoors and feeling the breeze! Might as well drive a truck if you want it enclosed

Comment

We have a 2021 Cn-Am Defender Max, and the only issue that I've had was the Can-Am windshield that spontaneously closed and shattered, but they won't warranty it. I know a lot of people who've gone from Polaris to Can-Am, but none who've gone the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            Part of having a UTV is being outdoors and feeling the breeze! Might as well drive a truck if you want it enclosed

That’s my thoughts.

Flip up windshield and roof would be all I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Here in Texas, buying an enclosed cab utv with HVAC is a waste of money IMO. There’s no way that small system can keep up with the heat we deal with here, especially if you’re getting in and out of the machine. I just bought a new ‘22 Polaris Trail Boss and really like it so far. Upgraded seats are on par with the comfortable Can Am seats. Interior storage is nicer and more thought out in the Can Am. It came down to the Polaris when I factored in the shorter wheelbase, shorter length and width of the Ranger and the fact I’ve had great luck with my ‘14 Ranger 900xp. Maintenance is MUCH easier on the Ranger, especially oil and filter changes. I also prefer to buy American, when I can.

They’re both nice machines and will last you if taken care of properly and not used at the mud parks.

Comment

Working...
                              X