Paxlovid anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paxlovid anyone?

The dang Rona is making the run of the house. Docs have me and The Mrs. Paxlovid.

How long does it take to kick in? This sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No help here as I haven’t been hit with the Rona. Hope you folks get over it quick with no lasting effects.

I believe it’s what they gave the POTUS but I am sure they probably gave him a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

I had it last week with very mild symptoms, so I opted to not take it and was fine. From what I read about it, it's for severe cases and/or people at "high risk" to have a severe case and is supposed to be taken within the first 5 days of symptoms. I also read that it's possible for the rona to come back with a vengeance if you don't complete the medication. Not sure if that really helps much, but that's all I got.

Comment

I took the meds when I had it in June , I’m not high risk but the doctor prescribed it anyway. I took the whole round , can’t really say if it helped a lot but I can say for certain is that my mouth had a heavy metallic taste the whole time I took the meds. The dr informed me of this , I just sipped on lemonade for five days .

Comment

I took Paxlovid when I had it in early May. Didn’t think I was high-risk either but Doc sad because of my age (56) and bad symptoms at the time he recommended it.

Not sure if it helped me either…the high-fever, chill/sweats and headache had pretty stopped by the time I got the prescription filled.

It does leave a strong metallic taste in your mouth.

Comment

This past May. I had to get a colonoscopy and take a covid test before the colo. I tested positive for the rona. I had no symptoms at all and did not feel sick. Colo was put off for 30 days. I am not vaccinated, I'm 58 so my Dr suggested I do the Paxlovid to stop it from morphing into the next stage.
            I took those day and night pills and still. I feel as though nothing ever happened in the first place.
            Last edited by Tony Pic; 07-30-2022, 06:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Go to the IV Drip place in the Heights...

Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 07-30-2022, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Back in April when I got it they prescribed plaxlovid for me. He told me it will help with the symptoms. Couldn't tell much difference, but my bout of rona didnt seem much more than a sinus infection anyway.

Comment

The 3 of us just got over it two weeks ago. We got by just taking advil cold and sinus.

My wife spiked a fever at night for like 3 nights in a row and they prescribed her the anti-vitals. She opted to not take them because of all of the possible side effects pills could have since she will very often get the side effects listed on any med. The day after picking up the pills, she was fine.

Comment

Wife just got over it. Can’t say if the paxlovid helped or it was just time but with in 24 hours of taking the paxlovid she was feeling significantly better

Comment

Paxlovid anyone?

What kind of signal is your body sending you that you have a strange metallic taste in your mouth for 5 days? Weird.

My mom and dad got the latest round. My dad so bad they put him on monoclonals. Dad boosted my mom had the 2 shots. This was right around the time Fauci got it and the Paxvloid failed him so my mom opted to take some of my horse dewormer. Mom was better the next day. My dad doesn’t believe in Ivermectin so continued to get worse until several days after the antibodies.

Last edited by Ætheling; 07-30-2022, 07:43 AM.

Comment

This works Great

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                        The dang Rona is making the run of the house. Docs have me and The Mrs. Paxlovid.

How long does it take to kick in? This sucks!

Less than 24 hrs I was like a spring chicken.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hope you feel better soon. No experience but dang fauci got covid rebound after taking paxlovid. I am suspicious. Hope it works for you and the Mrs.

Comment

Family has all used the above and been good to go. Wife and I take it in small dose and supplements all the time and I guess neither have had the China flu.

Comment

I took it back in February. It tore my stomach up so I didn't finish the last 1.5 days of the script. I think it did help me out though.

Comment

Working...
                              X