Rainwater/Surface Water Collection for Consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainwater/Surface Water Collection for Consumption

I'm looking to connect with a few if yall that may be a resource for information in rainwater harvesting for whole home purposes including consumption. I've got a tank being installed in about a month. I'm always looking to learn from someone that knows more about it. Filters, pump systems, and so on. I can walk you through what I'm doing as well. There's a good bit of info out there online, but knowing the local gurus can only help.

Tagged

Comment

I had a 24,000 gallon system at my last house and it wasn't big enough for it to be my only water supply. It looked like a lot of water but really wasn't all that much as most people use more than that in a month. I mainly used it to water my gardens and fill my water garden ponds. It was barely big enough for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        I had a 24,000 gallon system at my last house and it wasn't big enough for it to be my only water supply. It looked like a lot of water but really wasn't all that much as most people use more than that in a month. I mainly used it to water my gardens and fill my water garden ponds. It was barely big enough for that.
        Wow, just looked at the water bill. We average 1-2K gallons per person per month.

Comment

Humans waste a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
            Humans waste a lot
            This, at least most do.

Comment

My tank is glong to be 50,000K. I'm not expecting any sort of return or anything out of this project, but we simply cannot afford to drill a well on the property we purchased. It's 1600ft to water there.

The property sits on a nice creek that flows very well multiple times per year with some decent spring activity as well.

Comment

877-331-7008 - Shop now for rainwater harvesting products and equipment at great prices. Our customer service team will help you select storage tanks, Grundfos pumps, Viqua UV filters, and anything else you need for your rainwater harvesting system. 877-331-7008

This is a great resource for all things related to rainwater collection. Basically a one man operation, just east of Weatherford, tx

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by itsgood1308 View Post
                    I'm looking to connect with a few if yall that may be a resource for information in rainwater harvesting for whole home purposes including consumption. I've got a tank being installed in about a month. I'm always looking to learn from someone that knows more about it. Filters, pump systems, and so on. I can walk you through what I'm doing as well. There's a good bit of info out there online, but knowing the local gurus can only help.
                    How big is the surface area for collection? Obviously you become a slave to drought but there are companies that will deliver potable water from a truck that is 2500 gallons IIRC. It might be worth knowing who, if any, can deliver a truck full of water on short notice in the event you aren't getting enough rain and draw down too far.

Comment

Some of yall need to work on your water conservation practices lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw a system design a few years ago where there was a filter in line and/ or on the out - line. I'd had to google search for it but I was pretty impressed.

It would totally be inadequate for a drought like this, though.

Comment

Do a search on here, there are a few good threads about rainwater collection.

Comment

I put in a gutter and collection on one side of my ranch house just so I could use the water when it rained. The 1.6” that I’ve got this year happened before I put the tank in. This drought is killing us.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                              Humans waste a lot
                              This right here. When you have no water and have to haul what you use, it smacks one in the face how much we really use/waste. We got creative and frugal when we were without during snowmagedon.

Comment

Working...
                              X