Need help with reloading - Finding materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with reloading - Finding materials

I am getting low on supplies. I need the following to reload my 300WM and 270 WIN. As an archer, not my gig...but my pops is a pro and we will get to work upon my finalizing materials. Both Canadian guns prior loads built up by my buddy in Canada, so first time me and pops worked up loads for these two guns.

My real challenge is wading through the scam sites these days to find legit businesses to buy from. Who are your top 3-10 sites / business you fellas do business with is my real question.

300 WM:

Shell Holder - I have Hornady Custom Grade Die Set already)

270 WIN

1-3lbs H4350 Powder
    Federal 210 Match Primers
    Match Grade Die Set (Hornady) or something comparable
    Shell Holder
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

I prefer to purchase my materials face to face. With that said, individuals or local shops are the only places I go.

I probably have a lb or two of powder I can let go of and more than likely have a shell holder depending on what press you are using.

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
      I prefer to purchase my materials face to face. With that said, individuals or local shops are the only places I go.

I probably have a lb or two of powder I can let go of and more than likely have a shell holder depending on what press you are using.

Micheal

Where are your go to shopping spots in your area (CS/POC)?
      Proud member since 1999

Comment

Michael,

Where are your go to storefronts?
        Proud member since 1999

Comment

I was able to find Fed 210M primers at Academy over the weekend, so it might be worth checking if you have one close by.

Comment

4350 and h1000 available on Hodgdon website now.

Comment

Natchez shooters supply, Midsouth Shooters Supply and Graf and Sons have always been good for me.

Comment

Reloader myself. My top three sites:
                Powder Valley
                Graf and Sons
                Midsouth Shooters

I'll use MidwayUSA if and only if I can't find what I need through the top 3, as Midway is typically a bit higher priced.

Comment

Primers, especially large rifle primers, are hard to find at the moment.

Comment

Thanks guys.

J-Paul - Thanks for the heads up as they showed no available just yesterday evening. I scored 3lbs so on my way now!
                    Proud member since 1999

Comment

As others have said:
                      Mid south
                      Grafs
                      Powder valley
                      Midwayusa
                      Brownells
                      Natchezs
                      Hodgdons website

All are the big names and safe to order from. Prices are poopy right now, and some websites are worse than others but if they have what you need they have what you need.

10ring in NW Houston is about the only store I know of that carries a lot of reloading equipment. Bass pro/cabellas, academy, carters country might have stuff randomly as well. I had god luck finding primers(even large rifle magnum) at academy last year, and my buddy just found some CCI BR-2 at academy the other day.

Everything except the powder/primer should be easy for you to track down at the big name websites or locally even. The powder/primers will just be luck of catching it in stock.

H4350 is in stock on hodgdons website. Expensive though.

Comment

PM sent,

Comment

Scored Federal 210 Match and Pops CCI BR-2 this evening at academy.

Leaves me with 270 Die set and shell holders for it and the 300WM.

Thanks for the tips fellas!
                          Proud member since 1999

Comment

Midway
                            Brownells
                            Sinclairs
                            Brunos
                            3rd Gen shooting supply
                            Natchez
                            Mid south
                            Grafs
                            Cabelas and bass pro
                            Powder valley
                            Alpine range
                            Bullet central
                            Precision reloading

I’m sure I’m forgetting some. But all of those places are reputable and carry a fair amount of reloading stuff. Dies are easy to find. I suggest Redding. Their FL die sets aren’t very expensive. Hornady and RCBS are decent. Buy the hornady lock rings for whatever you get.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                              Scored Federal 210 Match and Pops CCI BR-2 this evening at academy.

Leaves me with 270 Die set and shell holders for it and the 300WM.

Thanks for the tips fellas!
                              Setting a record(for the past year or two) for how quickly someone has found powder and primers, especially large rifle match.

The dies and she’ll holder are really up to your preference and budget. You can go real expensive or really budget friendly.

If you are not looking for anything special, here is what I’d buy:

In stock and on sale for both 270 and 300wm. Good base that you can build on if you need specialty dies(neck sizer, collet sizer, fancy seating die, ect).

What press are you running?

Comment

Working...
                              X