Hoover Dam Explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoover Dam Explosion

I'm not familiar with hydro dams...anyone know what kind of / what would cause equipment to explode??

Looks minor compared to the size of the dam, but got me to thinking about what sort of impact it would create for folks down river if for whatever reason water stopped flowing...I read a while back the lake is at an all time low already.

Looks like a transformer

Comment

Yea they’re already going through enough hardships with out this. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        I'm not familiar with hydro dams...anyone know what kind of / what would cause equipment to explode??

Looks minor compared to the size of the dam, but got me to thinking about what sort of impact it would create for folks down river if for whatever reason water stopped flowing...I read a while back the lake is at an all time low already.
        I just finished a video this morning that touches on that. It's pretty interesting. There is also another video from a channel called Practical engineering that was put out today that talks about Lake mead and what the contingency plans are for it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ntIC4hyQ94"]Power Generators May Need To Go Offline - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

The Colorado is crazy low , the lakes below could probably absorb any water from mead , California and Arizona power outage?

Comment

Nice catch Brian...

The Bureau of Reclamation explained via Twitter that “the A5 transformer at Hoover Dam caught fire” around 10 am PST and was put out half an hour later.

Comment

Working...
            X