truck tires guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

truck tires guys?

i have a 2000 chevy z71 thats is just a back up truck and is still runs better they my 2021. it has copper discovery tires on it maybe 500 miles on them . they still look great but are 11 years old. are still safe for the road? thanks

Where sitting in a garage or out in the open exposed to sunlight and the elements? If inside I would say probably good if you don't overload.

Comment

out side drive it every week around the hood?

Comment

Check em for dry rot (cracks). Might have flat spots from sitting in one place.

Comment

In town driving you should be ok highway driving I wouldn’t risk it

Comment

WATERDOG.....How much for the truck and is it 4x4

Comment

I swapped out some 9 year old tires that had less than 15k on them because it just wasn't worth it to me to have a failure at highway speeds which are 75+ these days.

Discount barely put the best looking one on as a spare. Had it been 10 years old they wouldn't touch it.

Comment

I would look for dry rot cracks around the tread edge and sidewall. Around town under 50, probably....at highway speed....not worth the risk imo. Too much can happen at those speeds with a blow out and losing control is not one I care to find out how I do in. I know Discount Tire won't touch them when they reach a certain age due to liability so that makes me hesitant... I had a spare that was 8 years old with full tread but they would even check it for proper inflation for me when I put a new set of tires on. Didn't want the liability if it blew out while I was using it. I ended up being able to fit one of my older tires with 30% tread I had just taken off under there and they switched it out for me. It was tight but we made it work on the old F350

Comment

if they are that old i would change them out... rubber only last so long.
                  but ask a tire pro for sure.

Comment

I had a set of wheels and tires in the garage for about a similar amount of time.

They had good tread and I tried to use them on my trailer for a little while (since the bolt pattern was the same), just to get me by until I could afford replacement trailer tires.

Within a month, driving at highway speeds only a couple times, the entire tread section separated from the steel belt.

They had a little cracking on sidewalls, but could not see anything with the tread. I guess it was hidden.

Just my experience.

J

Comment

Working...
                    X