where would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where would you buy?

we have kicked around selling our place in hunt county and using the 1031 exchange to find another place. land has gotten so crazy, especially in texas, so where would you be looking to buy if you had roughly $300k to spend?

a couple things of importance are...

location, the closer the better, but i wouldnt want to drive more than 5-6 hours unless the place was special.

size, 100 acre minimum, preferably more, i have 2 boys that can ride 50 acres on a 4 wheeler in about 5mins. this place would be as much a weekend getaway as a hunting lease.

landscape, it would be awesome to be in the mountains of SE OK or Ark with some changes in topopgraphy.

OTC hunting licenses would be a big plus.

so i am kind of limited to OK, AR, MO, any specific areas you guys like or recommend?

However much that will get you dead center of Austin...
    Wait 5yrs and triple your money

Comment

Originally posted by jdavidson View Post
      However much that will get you dead center of Austin...
      Wait 5yrs and triple your money
      i am sure we could find plenty of targets to shoot at down there

Comment

money seems to go a long ways in OK. they have a short rifle season but would be fun.

Comment

I’d definitely be looking into Oklahoma.

Comment

i realize oklahoma is the easy option, and am not against it, just wanted to see if anyone had any other honey hole areas they wanted to share with a fellow THB'er or anyone that wanted a new neighbor they could trust

there are a couple really cool looking places in arkansas right now that fit my price and size ranges. i just dont know anything about the areas.

Comment

I hear Louisiana has a big deer or two.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                I hear Louisiana has a big deer or two.
                yep, forgot to mention LA, wouldnt be opposed to that either.

Comment

Arkansas is a sportsman’s paradise. We just bought a place a few miles from MO & OK each.
                  Little further than where you’re looking but there are closer parts of the state.

Comment

I know you said 100 acres but there may be a guy on here about to sell 30 acres next to LCRA land....supposedly has big deer but you will have to see for yourself as pictures are off limits....

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                      I know you said 100 acres but there may be a guy on here about to sell 30 acres next to LCRA land....supposedly has big deer but you will have to see for yourself as pictures are off limits....

Hahahahaha!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Serious answer, without considering drive, would be Melvin/Brady/Menard triangle. It would take some looking but I think you can find land at $3000 per in that area.

Comment

Serious answer, without considering drive, would be Melvin/Brady/Menard triangle. It would take some looking but I think you can find land at $3000 per in that area.
                          i am next to SRA land right now, not a bad place to be for sure. and the neighbor dont scare me, one of mine literally shot at me a couple weeks ago, so...

i will check it out, thanks

Comment

West Texas is about the only place you can find 100 acres for 300k. Hill country about 10k per acre average.

Comment

I would talk to Darton on here and go to Oklahoma. Easy drive, pretty country, big deer. Just wish I could convince my wife that the 6 hour drive from here is no big deal. Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X