The other side of being layed off ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other side of being layed off ...

Like a lot of good folks recently, I was layed off about a month ago, not enough work to go around Luckily we are OK financially, but I was pretty bummed because I liked what I do and where I was doing it. So I felt a little sorry for myself wondering what I was going to do. I caught up on some long over due chores and up keep around the house / barn / shop. Where I used to work was about an hour and a half commute so I normally left the house around 6 am and got home about 7:30 to 8:00. With those hours, I didn't get much time with the wife and babes (2 and 3 year old) during the week. Typically when I would get home, I would get the hug and kiss from them and then they ran back to Momma. After about a month of eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with them and being around alot more, guess what? Momma's loosing her grip They actually get upset when I leave the room. They WANT Daddy to read books to them. They curl up on the couch in Daddy's lap now If I run to town to pick something up, they want to go with me instead of staying with Momma. Although I'll have to get back to working soon, I feel blessed to have been layed off so I can spend this amazing time with my beatiful baby boy and baby girl. I didn't realize how much I was missing out on! I guess what they say is true, "Every dark cloud has a silver lining"

Originally posted by Extremebowman View Post
    "Every dark cloud has a silver lining"
    Congrats on finding yours!

Comment

That's cool. The glass is half-full not half-empty.

Great attitude.

Comment

Sorry about the job part, but very glad you are getting in some special time with your children

Comment

Nice read ... thanks for sharing!

Comment

I know the feeling amigo!!Same here layed off 3 weeks ago and was a lil bummed but the last 3 weeks have been the bomb!! Getting reaquainted w my 16 month old and loving every minute of it!!I spent most of last year working on the darn road so wasnt home much so she wasnt so used to me but now!!!! She loves her daddy again!!I am enjoying being unemployed if thats at all possible!

Comment

Priceless times! Thanks for sharing a great story. Prayers sent for the right new job and continued time with the family.

Comment

Glad for you. It's good to be able to re-evaluate at times like this.

Comment

Right there with you brother, when I first got let go from my job I was very upset
                  but, then I realized that it gave me time to spend with my kids and get a few things done around the house. So, yeah I got to agree with you "every dark cloud has a sliver lining"!!glad you found yours!!

Comment

I was out of work for 4 weeks. I loved the extra play time with the boys. Wish it could have lasted longer, but I had to get back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
                      Sorry about the job part, but very glad you are getting in some special time with your children
                      +1

Comment

That's great!! Quality time with the kids is something you can't beat...

Comment

everything happens for a reason.

I was laid off from a job after being there for ten years. That year, was the first time I had ever saw my son Christmas morning. And he was 5 years old at the time. Sometimes, work gets in the way of what is really important.

Congrats on the quality time with the family.

Comment

It's a good thing when someone can go through these times and find the silver lining. Enjoy your family time!!

Comment

That's what it is all about...Best to you in your job search!!

Comment

Working...
                              X