LDP Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDP Question....

The topic of quality and/or "proper" LDPs are beaten to death around here.... So I'm not wanting to get into a discussion about tail-gate pics or whether the deer is propped up right or whether the camera angle is correct or the blood is cleaned up tongue hanging out... to each his own. The one thing I have questions about is arrows. If the arrow does not completely pass through the deer, is there a reason people don't pull it out for the picture? I've never had one that didn't pass through a deer, but they're not barbed like fishing arrows, so I'm assuming they come out? Thats like me sticking a pig w/ a knife and leaving the knife handle stick out for the picture... I just don't understand it. I know I answered my own question above ("To each his own"), I just thought someone may be able to shed some light on the matter for me.

I think there are just little things that seem odd to all of us individually. I personally agree with you, I don't like seeing the arrows sticking up in the air out of the animal, but it is not my animal so I don't have any say so in it. I think it looks goofy as heck to see people driving around in their dodge pickups with the 3' towing mirrors folded out when they ain't towing nothing, but it ain't my truck so I don't bother myself with it. Nothing wrong with thinking it is goofy or odd as long as you don't try to push it off or (judge) others who don't think it is goofy or odd.

Comment

I agree. The arrow should be pulled. Even if it won't come out easily, you can unscrew the broadhead, slip the shaft out, and retrieve the broadhead when you're cleaning it.

IMO it's tacky to leave the arrow in.

Comment

Originally posted by codiehedge View Post
        I think there are just little things that seem odd to all of us individually. I personally agree with you, I don't like seeing the arrows sticking up in the air out of the animal, but it is not my animal so I don't have any say so in it. I think it looks goofy as heck to see people driving around in their dodge pickups with the 3' towing mirrors folded out when they ain't towing nothing, but it ain't my truck so I don't bother myself with it. Nothing wrong with thinking it is goofy or odd as long as you don't try to push it off or (judge) others who don't think it is goofy or odd.
        I drive a dodge and i never have the mirrors folded out, i think it looks funny too. Thr only reason u would need those folded out is if u were pulling like a 40ft. goseneck or big travel trtailer.

Comment

Don't know how others feel AG but I've always thought it showed very little respect for the game when arrows were left hanging out. It does not matter what game one shoots anything taken with a bow and arrow is a trophy but how one displays it shows real character. Just my $.02.

Comment

Originally posted by codiehedge View Post
            I think it looks goofy as heck to see people driving around in their dodge pickups with the 3' towing mirrors folded out when they ain't towing nothing, but it ain't my truck so I don't bother myself with it. Nothing wrong with thinking it is goofy or odd as long as you don't try to push it off or (judge) others who don't think it is goofy or odd.
            I agree. Especially when the mirrors are out they take up the entire lane, so if you drift over a little you take the chance on hitting some one or being hit. JMO

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            I agree. The arrow should be pulled. Even if it won't come out easily, you can unscrew the broadhead, slip the shaft out, and retrieve the broadhead when you're cleaning it.

And I agree again. I never did understand leaving it in. Maybe it's meant to be proof that you took the animal with an arrow. IDK. Like you said TT it looks tacky.

Comment

Like this one!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Eric pig_01.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	23872932

No really, I totally agree with you.

Comment

In the head?
                Dont you think thats a little unethical?

Nice pig tho

Comment

Originally posted by Oz_Ag View Post
                  Like this one!
                  [ATTACH]81060[/ATTACH]

No really, I totally agree with you.
                  Dude you're just showing off!

My preference is pull the arrow.But it's your animal your pictures do what you like.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

Ditto...show a little respect for the animals we pursue

Comment

I highly doubt he was aiming for the eye. I like the hunting in a wife beater. They should come in Realtree AP.

Comment

you just shot it with an arrow and killed it. show respect by trying your best to put the animal down as fast as possible. if you get a nice picture, cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Ditto...show a little respect for the animals we pursue
                          Respect went out the door when you killed it. Do you show respect for your Big Mac?

Comment

Wanted to add that I hope I don't offend anyone w/ this thread. That is/was not my intent. Just a question for others feedback.

Originally posted by LostHawg View Post
                            Respect went out the door when you killed it. Do you show respect for your Big Mac?
                            I beg to differ. I would try to give examples but then we would play "respect vs. ethics". I may not respect the burger, but if I were the one slaughtering the steer I wouldn't take a picture of it dead at the bottom of the bloody chute w/ the bolt gun stuck in his head.

Caveat: not saying thats exactly the same as the arrow, just an example

Comment

For LDPs? No.

To help tell the story? Perfectly acceptable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	behind-the-shoulder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	23872935

Comment

Working...
                              X