Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needy family in search of affordable transmission repair in or around Terrell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent. Can send more later if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Alright the wife is send a small donation to this family.

Comment

Figured it out.
        Last edited by Txhunter3000; 08-03-2022, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Great job! Some funds sent to help offset the $1000.

Comment

Got it! Thanks and some sent their way to help out

Comment

Funds sent would like to know where the total is willing to send more if needed.

Comment

Sent! Please keep us posted on the repairs and anything else we might be able to assist with.
                Last edited by Kmart49; 08-03-2022, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Is there any other method that Venmo?

Comment

Very good news.

Comment

THANK YOU, THANK YOU EVERYONE!

You guys are absolutely awesome. I just informed the wife that through your contributions we've collectively already raised enough to be able to pay the entire $1K deductible. She started balling on the phone and could barely speak. It's both funny and sad but I think people that don't understand this place really struggle and can't fully comprehend why someone would be willing to help others that they don't know.

We are actually sitting at a little more than $500 in surplus at $1500. I called the service manager and asked him to provide me an estimate of recommended maintenance the van might need in addition to the transmission repair.

For now lets please hold off collecting anymore $...I will post up the list when I receive it and maybe we can decide what all we want to do with the extra funds.

More to come.

EDIT: Ok that didn't take long. Here's the list the dealer just sent me of "recommended" maintenance.

You guys in the know...please look it over and maybe make reference to what prices look like a "good spend"? Some of them seem to be a better value than others.
                      Last edited by RascalArms; 08-03-2022, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Also note...the dealership is offering 15% off any additional work and are going to throw in a complimentary full vehicle detail at no charge. That doesn't suck. 😅

Comment

I’d scratch the brake flush, power steering flush, and tune up.

Nice job getting it all together and taken care of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Funds sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I’d scratch the brake flush, power steering flush, and tune up.

Nice job getting it all together and taken care of!

I agree on the brake system and power steering flush.

I would want more info on what’s included in the tune up. It may just be plugs and coils pack wires and if it’s over 100k miles may be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’d get the air filters done alignment and balance with the surplus and call it good!

Good job Rascalarms

Comment

Working...
                                X