X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
    Go cob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would love to design and build a small cob house.

Comment

My log house was bilt in 1996. I have sealed it twise. No rot, no leaks, no mold. I do have a fully covered front porch, on the long side.
      The only Bit*h is Insurance company's don't like to insure them. There are several in TX that will. Same price as regular house.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TxxAgg View Post
        I would love to design and build a small cob house.

There are cob dwellings in Eurasia that are thousands of years old snd still inhabited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn’t mention that I plan to screw 3/4” treated plywood to the outside and do the Tudor thing to it. I’m not going for the log look. The logs will be protected. I’m also doing 3 sheets of treated 3/4” plywood screwed together for the slope roof with tin on top.

I’m basically looking for seasoned 8”x8” timbers so they don’t warp. I’m looking for the timber r-value and durability. You can bust a rock, brick, or cinder block with a hammer, not doing that to timber.

Nice pics falcon

Basically gonna build a slabbed, 15’x20’ sloped roofed cabin, hell fer stout, with steel post carport thing at 2,400’ elevation in Hill Country.

Maintaining a consistent temperature and able to be cooled with a 5k BTU window unit is a must and easy to survive without heat in the winter. The A/C basically for day hours using solar because at night even in the hottest times is 71 degrees with an always breeze.
          Last edited by Voodoo; 07-30-2022, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X