Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-14-2022, 12:19 PM   #51
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Wait, this is for real?

I really want to hear more of this flat earth theory!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's awesome how the ships fall off the side of the earth in one ocean, ride upside down on a moving sidewalk/tram like at the airport, and pop back up on the other side in a new ocean.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 12:19 PM   #52
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pronouns-He/Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
Everyone owes it to themselves to binge some flat earth videos on YouTube. You can spend days on the subject. Just be sure to watch a 5 minute video debunking the whole thing when you're done.
Been there done that. Seems like it consist mainly of people suffering with physical or mental issues looking for support in others that are suffering similarly, using the whole flat earth thing as kind of a way to unite. When you watch their videos they will often bring up or address a topic completly unrelated to the flat earth that they are having to deal with. Just my 2 cents
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 12:24 PM   #53
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
You don’t have image privilege……but for a few million you can
Price tag on the James Webb picture thingy is $10 billion....
TeamAmerica is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 12:38 PM   #54
HankTheTank
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
1. The speed of light is constant and there are methods to determine relative brightness of an object. As an example, if you had a 40W bulb at 10 ft and 10000 ft, you could sense the measured brightness at 10 ft vs 10000ft and make a fairly accurate estimate.

2. I have, and its as exciting as it is scary!
Quote:
What you see in that photo is gravitational lensing / distortion. Its basically the observed power of gravity to bend light. Its pretty crazy.
Just curious how that (the constant speed of light) fits in with the fabric of space and time which is not uniform/can be distorted. For example, a second on earth isn't the same as a second in the vacuum of space or near the extreme gravity of a blackhole. What does that mean for light traveling through these varying environments?

Would it still travel at the same velocity, and that velocity is relative to where the light is traveling at that moment in space and time as well as our perception of it?
HankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 12:44 PM   #55
HankTheTank
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonCo. View Post
Wait you really believe the earth is a globe? Have you seen it with your own eyes?
Have you seen flat earth with your own eyes? Plenty of places on earth a person can see the curvature of earth. Or from an airplane.
HankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 12:50 PM   #56
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

Quote:
Everyone owes it to themselves to binge some flat earth videos on YouTube. You can spend days on the subject. Just be sure to watch a 5 minute video debunking the whole thing when you're done.
No I can't. I work at NASA with one of those guys. He'd argue with a hole in the wall. I think they just like to be controversial on any and every subject. He even believes in Bigfoot and goes on these hunted house hunts. Just a excuse to rub elbows with other weirdos.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 01:21 PM   #57
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica View Post
Price tag on the James Webb picture thingy is $10 billion....
I just figured for a few million you could get large file of wonderful photos
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 01:29 PM   #58
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankTheTank View Post
Just curious how that (the constant speed of light) fits in with the fabric of space and time which is not uniform/can be distorted. For example, a second on earth isn't the same as a second in the vacuum of space or near the extreme gravity of a blackhole. What does that mean for light traveling through these varying environments?

Would it still travel at the same velocity, and that velocity is relative to where the light is traveling at that moment in space and time as well as our perception of it?
This will send me down a rabbit hole of Googling tonight because those are awesome questions LOL
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 01:38 PM   #59
marshman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jasper & Orange County in TX, Carroll County in MS

Quote:
1. The speed of light is constant and there are methods to determine relative brightness of an object. As an example, if you had a 40W bulb at 10 ft and 10000 ft, you could sense the measured brightness at 10 ft vs 10000ft and make a fairly accurate estimate.

2. I have, and its as exciting as it is scary!
I appreciate you taking the time to explain it and I kinda sorta get the light bulb thing, but I’m still fuzzy on how they can send something into space and take a picture of something as it appeared it the past. If I take the light bulb you mentioned and dropped it on the floor and it broke how can someone in the future send a camera back and get a picture of it before I dropped it?

Again I know I’m not thinking about this as I should but like I said I’m just a simple man.
marshman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 01:45 PM   #60
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

Quote:
I work with a fella who 100% believes the earth is flat and he will get fighting mad when we tease him about it, OH and we do..
BUT he also voted for Pedo Joe so there you have it..
This dude is in his thirties and graduated from Prairie View A&M with a teaching degree.. LMAO
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 01:47 PM   #61
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshman View Post
I appreciate you taking the time to explain it and I kinda sorta get the light bulb thing, but I’m still fuzzy on how they can send something into space and take a picture of something as it appeared it the past. If I take the light bulb you mentioned and dropped it on the floor and it broke how can someone in the future send a camera back and get a picture of it before I dropped it?

Again I know I’m not thinking about this as I should but like I said I’m just a simple man.
It's the same reason you don't hear a rifle shot until the bullet has already gone by. The light from what's happening currently, has not reached any camera yet. The distances they are talking about are unfathomable to most human minds.

Also why most of what they waste money taking pictures of is irrelevant anyways...but that's neither here nor there..
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 02:40 PM   #62
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
This will send me down a rabbit hole of Googling tonight because those are awesome questions LOL
Space/Time/Quantum Physics is absolutely mind blowing subject. Its been an absolute passion of mine every since I was first introduced to the double slit experiment. Its a deep deep interesting rabbit hole. Micheo Kaku is one of my favorites if you are a book person.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:23 PM   #63
Bassdeer
Ten Point

Quote:
Wait you really believe the earth is a globe? Have you seen it with your own eyes?

Yea in 3rd grade
Bassdeer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 03:38 PM   #64
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
I work with a fella who 100% believes the earth is flat and he will get fighting mad when we tease him about it, OH and we do..
BUT he also voted for Pedo Joe so there you have it..
This dude is in his thirties and graduated from Prairie View A&M with a teaching degree.. LMAO
Like I said. WEIRDOS
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 04:27 PM   #65
MasonCo.
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerr Co, Brazoria Co, Colorado Co

Everyone’s first reaction when flat earth is brought up is that your a idiot , or weirdo… 99% of people say or think that. But have you looked into it? Or your thinking that just because it’s opposite of what you have been taught since day one…

MasonCo. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 04:32 PM   #66
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Everyone’s first reaction when flat earth is brought up is that your a idiot , or weirdo… 99% of people say or think that. But have you looked into it? Or your thinking that just because it’s opposite of what you have been taught since day one…

Looked into it? You don’t get to claim the earth is flat, and then ask everyone else if they’ve “looked into it”?

Hit us with the single most solid piece of evidence you have found, to support your belief that the earth is indeed, flat….

Old 07-14-2022, 04:50 PM   #67
Mitchell8
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anywhere

Every time i draw the earth it is flat conclusion that earth is flat hypothesis backed by experiments data concludes fact
Mitchell8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 04:55 PM   #68
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:

Things I have not looked into include flat earth, bigfoot, santa claus, easter bunny, tooth fairy, mermaids, loch ness, and east texas black Panthers.
There is a common theme there, extra points if you can nail it down

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Duckologist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 05:03 PM   #69
Mitchell8
Ten Point

I will provide all the proof today
Old 07-14-2022, 05:15 PM   #70
Mitchell8
Ten Point

See drawing is flat not curved
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2022, 05:47 PM   #71
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Everyone’s first reaction when flat earth is brought up is that your a idiot , or weirdo… 99% of people say or think that. But have you looked into it?

Yes. What evidience did i miss or overlook that convinced you?
Old 07-14-2022, 06:17 PM   #72
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

I cant believe this thread has gotten off track also. Wow....hard to believe EVERYTHING has become a wedge issue around here. We looked at the PBS NOVA special last night about this project. Absolutely incredible stuff, a scientific and engineering feat of massive proportions.
Some folks have spent their entire career at NASA working on ONLY this one project over the last 30 years......wow!!! The show was a "Proud to be an American" type stuff........but alas we can find fault! My hats off to everyone on that TEAM as they just rewrote our understanding of our galaxy and many others. USA, USA, USA!!!!

Quote:
Wait you really believe the earth is flat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Holy crap are you really a flat earther? I didn't think we had any of those on TBH.
..............oh NO, we have been down these convoluted roads for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
Things I have not looked into include flat earth, bigfoot, santa claus, easter bunny, tooth fairy, mermaids, loch ness, and east texas black Panthers.
There is a common theme there, extra points if you can nail it down

LMAOOOOO..........great response!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 07:19 PM   #73
Hunting4fun
Ten Point

Its funny how we have people who believe in all kinds of theories but don't even look into the basics of a flat earth theory.

People believe there are globalist elites who control worldwide elections. They believe that Obama was the anti-christ. They believe there are FBI agents listening to every word you speak or type 24-7. They believe there will be a one world currency soon. (Been saying that one for about 50 years). Even a good number of people here even fell for the Qanon nonsense and thought all the Dems would be in Gitmo by now.

Before you ignorantly make fun of a flat earth theory at least do some basic research and you may find out its not far fetched as it sounds.

Here is a great place to start.

https://theflatearthsociety.org/home...he-society/faq

And this image is a basic starting point that explains how the seasons arrive.

Hunting4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 07:44 PM   #74
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:

*you're an idiot.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 07:58 PM   #75
DaBears
Four Point

Quote:
Wait, this is for real?

I really want to hear more of this flat earth theory!!!

You've obviously never lived in Lubbock. Stay there a few years and you will know for certain that the earth is flat (especially on the day it rains and water has nowhere to go) and that air is some shade of brown.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 08:03 PM   #76
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell8 View Post
See drawing is flat not curved
I stand corrected

Old 07-14-2022, 08:04 PM   #77
Man
Pope & Young

In my defense i am truly facinated with flat earthers and have spent a lot of time watching and reading on it. I came to my self conculsion after all my time exporing the subject. But the one thing i never had was a discussion with a real flat earther. Understood this is probably not the place to have that discusssion.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:07 PM   #78
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting4fun View Post
Its funny how we have people who believe in all kinds of theories but don't even look into the basics of a flat earth theory.

People believe there are globalist elites who control worldwide elections. They believe that Obama was the anti-christ. They believe there are FBI agents listening to every word you speak or type 24-7. They believe there will be a one world currency soon. (Been saying that one for about 50 years). Even a good number of people here even fell for the Qanon nonsense and thought all the Dems would be in Gitmo by now.

Before you ignorantly make fun of a flat earth theory at least do some basic research and you may find out its not far fetched as it sounds.

Here is a great place to start.

https://theflatearthsociety.org/home...he-society/faq

And this image is a basic starting point that explains how the seasons arrive.

You're an idiot too lol

Old 07-14-2022, 08:08 PM   #79
John Paul
Ten Point

Hunt In: Blackhill, McCoy, Encinal

What blows me away is to take those pictures if I read the article correct it’s a 12 hour exposure. So the aperture was open 12 hours and nothing really moved in one direction and kept going? Would you even be able to see that?? I don’t know, my mind can’t wrap my head around it. Lol
John Paul is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 08:10 PM   #80
Mitchell8
Ten Point

The sun’s orbit around me solidifies this for me
Old 07-14-2022, 08:24 PM   #81
Hunting4fun
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
You're an idiot too lol

Is there anything from the link I provided that you want to discuss or do you want to just hurl insults? I'm good either way.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:35 PM   #82
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: vetements noirs

Incredible images.

Question for the flat earth crew, because i'm too lazy to do my own research.

How long, wide, and thick is the earth?
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 08:44 PM   #83
Hunting4fun
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemorvan View Post
Incredible images.

Question for the flat earth crew, because i'm too lazy to do my own research.

How long, wide, and thick is the earth?
The link I provided has that provided and more. Take a minute and read and you will find out how they came up with those numbers as well. Do you really think if I asked Round earthers that same question they would be able to come up with those numbers on the spot? What exactly was your GOTCHA moment here?
Old 07-14-2022, 08:56 PM   #84
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Is there anything from the link I provided that you want to discuss or do you want to just hurl insults? I'm good either way.

You mean the link from the “flat Earth Society“?

The mental gymnastics required to believe one shred of this horse ****, is more than is required to understand those black holes, and the space time continuum. The critical difference being of course, the latter two can actually be explained… Oh this “flat earth“ nonsense is the stuff of 3rd graders, and potheads.

That any semi-intelligent adult could buy into that stuff is a testament to human stupidity.

Old 07-14-2022, 08:59 PM   #85
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Quote:
The link I provided has that provided and more. Take a minute and read and you will find out how they came up with those numbers as well. Do you really think if I asked Round earthers that same question they would be able to come up with those numbers on the spot? What exactly was your GOTCHA moment here?
No ‘gotcha’ moment.

‘A round disc of indefinite dimension’. Understood.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:06 PM   #86
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:

How many genders are there?

Old 07-14-2022, 09:18 PM   #87
Hunting4fun
Ten Point

Quote:
Kinda like Christians get their beliefs from the bible? Just waiting on the proof of this Arc that saved all these species because it floated for 40 days???

And what did you read in that link that you disagreed with?
Old 07-14-2022, 09:20 PM   #88
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:

The mental gymnastics required to believe one shred of this horse ****, is more than is required to understand those black holes, and the space time continuum. The critical difference being of course, the latter two can actually be explained… Oh this “flat earth“ nonsense is the stuff of 3rd graders, and potheads.

That any semi-intelligent adult could buy into that stuff is a testament to human stupidity.

I thought he was joking when he questioned me to be honest

Old 07-14-2022, 09:20 PM   #89
Hunting4fun
Ten Point

Quote:
How many genders are there?

I define gender of either one or the two sexual organs that people were born with. Your point?
Old 07-14-2022, 09:23 PM   #90
Mitchell8
Ten Point

If the sun spins round the top of a flat earth why do it get so dark den? Why I no still see sun now? I should still be able see sun i looking right now
Old 07-14-2022, 09:26 PM   #91
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Kinda like Christians get their beliefs from the bible? Just waiting on the proof of this Arc that saved all these species because it floated for 40 days???

And what did you read in that link that you disagreed with?
No not like that at all. If that's the kinda BS comparison you need to make your case you already know better. We can run up to space right now and have a look around. We can measure the curve of the earth right now and talk about it. This isn't about a thousands of year old story that we need to search for clues about. If you think we're that stupid you need to find a new forum

Old 07-14-2022, 09:29 PM   #92
Hunting4fun
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell8 View Post
If the sun spins round the top of a flat earth why do it get so dark den? Why I no still see sun now? I should still be able see sun i looking right now
Good question. Even if the earth isn't rotating on an axis doesn't mean the sun isn't. There has never been a flat sun society.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:30 PM   #93
Mitchell8
Ten Point

But the picture says I should still see the sun
Old 07-14-2022, 09:34 PM   #94
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Anyone know if these photos are color enhanced or are those true images?

rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 09:36 PM   #95
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Post #47 ..what happened during the creation of the planets that caused earth to form differntly than the rest of the observable planets we can view through basic backyard telescopes?
Old 07-14-2022, 09:37 PM   #96
Hunting4fun
Ten Point

Quote:
We can run up to space right now and have a look around.
Ask yourself this. Who can really can run up to space right now? Let that sink in. Even If you were a billionaire could you really run up to space right now and check it out? I know Jeff Bezos took a "trip" to the edge of space and came right back.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:40 PM   #97
Mitchell8
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Post #47 ..what happened during the creation of the planets that caused earth to form differntly than the rest of the observable planets we can view through basic backyard telescopes?
Earth is the white goose read the FAQ’s Man
Old 07-14-2022, 09:42 PM   #98
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

I think there are six folks flying around space as I type…
Old 07-14-2022, 09:42 PM   #99
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemorvan View Post
I think there are six folks flying around space as I type…
They probably didn’t read “the link”…
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2022, 09:46 PM   #100
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Anyone know if these photos are color enhanced or are those true images?

Come on man. Irrelevant. The discussion has ‘progressed’.

No clue about the images. Not much help, I know.