• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mena Arkansas
    Take that youngun riding on the trails

Comment

We are taking the RV here in October

Visit the best Texas waterpark and campground! Splashway is located near San Antonio, Houston, and Austin, making it perfect for your next family adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by PeePaw on Fork View Post
        Mena Arkansas
        Take that youngun riding on the trails
        On my list before long actually. Any recomendations on where to stay cabins etc that we can park with ranger.

How do you find trails and know where to go. Never been.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
          Do Jellystone in Kerrville my nephews love it and it’s not too big of a crowd. You can rent a cabin or bring an RV.
          this is what I would do

Comment

Local Aquarium.....???

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
              Do Jellystone in Kerrville my nephews love it and it’s not too big of a crowd. You can rent a cabin or bring an RV.
              There’s like 7 of these in Texas. Kerrvile, canyon lake, stonewall/Fredericksburg, Waller, briar oaks, Hawkins/Winona, Wichita Falls.

For some reason everyone has an obsession with Kerrville. Whether it’s the best one or not, I don’t know as I’ve never been but I have a buddy that they have to take their kids there every weekend.

Comment

Another recommendation for a jellystone or the new Camp Fimfo hill country in Canyon lake. We just went last weekend and had a good time. They have a huge splash pad for the younger kids.

Comment

We took our little one to a cave

Comment

We have had fun hitting hotels with indoor pools this summer in places we would like to go. If the stock tank and VRBO option is intriguing you, hit me up.

Comment

Your little one needs a couple more years then take him to ZDT's in Seguin. A kids wonderland. Lots of video games, water slides. gocart track, Rollercoaster, climbing wall, and a big play structure like mcdonalds.

Comment

Mine are a little older (7&8 now) but we’ve done almost all of the Jellystone parks. Kerrville and Waller are the two favorites, but I think they’re all the same. Love going up to Mena. Wouldn’t be too far at all from Lindale.

Comment

So many parents plan the trip around the child, which is fine I guess but I’ll be da***ed if I’m going to spend $4000 a weekend to sit in a humid chlorine filled park or rent a crappy tent to sit at a splash pad all day. Way cooler things out there, get a cabin on the Nueces or the Pecos and just chill while your kids chase grasshoppers and frogs and catch 6 oz perch all day. Then use those perch on a trot line that night. Kids need to entertain themselves, not the other way around, just give them an opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
                            So many parents plan the trip around the child, which is fine I guess but I’ll be da***ed if I’m going to spend $4000 a weekend to sit in a humid chlorine filled park or rent a crappy tent to sit at a splash pad all day. Way cooler things out there, get a cabin on the Nueces or the Pecos and just chill while your kids chase grasshoppers and frogs and catch 6 oz perch all day. Then use those perch on a trot line that night. Kids need to entertain themselves, not the other way around, just give them an opportunity.
                            Not to mention the kid is a 3 year old. You can leave the kid with his/her grandparents and take mama to Cozumel for a few days. Years later, you tell the kid you took them to Jellystone but your phone crashed and you lost the pictures. They won't remember NOT going to Jellystone. Parenting is way easier than people make it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Not to mention the kid is a 3 year old. You can leave the kid with his/her grandparents and take mama to Cozumel for a few days. Years later, you tell the kid you took them to Jellystone but your phone crashed and you lost the pictures. They won't remember NOT going to Jellystone. Parenting is way easier than people make it.

Right! 3 year old is gonna be pizzed off half the time no matter what you’re doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                Best recommendation yet!! Lol

Yea it’s just a go and do something different trip. Gets momma out of the house more than anything. Our boy is easy if he’s going and traveling.

Comment

Working...
                                X