Big Cat Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    He doesn't want you to bring goats. That is all.

Oops. Already posted, but I concur.
    this

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I wouldn't worry about it unless it was black. Then you have a mystical creature with magical powers that could easily wreak havoc on your fur roach herd and quite possibly you.. If it was brown, proceed as normal.
      I would definitely change course if it were one of the black ones! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I wouldn't worry about it unless it was black. Then you have a mystical creature with magical powers that could easily wreak havoc on your fur roach herd and quite possibly you.. If it was brown, proceed as normal.

Like this one ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Put a camera up and see what's out there.
          In the off chance he is telling the truth a mt lion will stay in an area if it has easy pickins'.

I agree though, likely he just doesn't want goats.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
            Orange
            I think you neighbor is highly mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
              Put a camera up and see what's out there.
              In the off chance he is telling the truth a mt lion will stay in an area if it has easy pickins'.

I agree though, likely he just doesn't want goats.
              I believe its quite possibly legitimate. The guy that told me is not the neighbor with the garden and is also a friend of mine so I don't think he has a reason to steer wrong. I have a camera up but only deer, raccoons and squirrels on it so far. My son told me the other day he saw a big track and wasn't sure what it was so I plan to look at it assuming he remembers where he saw it at on the property.

Big Cats aren't highly populated in our area but there are some out there. I know another guy a few miles down the road that saw one cross his pasture a couple years ago.

Comment

I’ve got one too roaming
                Attached Files

Comment

Our 40 acres and the neighbors surrounding hundreds of acres are full of predators. I thin them out as I can but I have two Anatolian Shepherds in my goat heard. No goats lost to predation in 11 months on this new place. Field fence only.

Comment

Got a goat to spare? You could always set a "live trap" with a goat in it and see what happens. We did it all the time in Ft. Davis. Just make sure all metal on the entry is completely covered with brush/hay. If not they will spook and not enter.

Another way to do a live trap is making a circle trap low enough to where the lion will jump in and kill the goat, but can't jump over with it. Once they do they will not be too far from the kill and will protect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Like this one ?

Daaaaang! Dog is lucky to be alive !

Comment

Working...
                      X