Small Property Lease Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Property Lease Cost

I have been blessed to not have to lease property to hunt for the last 18 years so I am totally out of the loop when it comes to costs.

I will have a lot on my plate this fall so I thought it would be nice to find a small property within 15 mins of my house that I can bowhunt for when I can't get away to the family place near Grapeland. I may have found such a place. It's 52 acres surrounded by large properties, one of which is known to have some very nice deer. It has a creek running through it and some pasture and lots of hardwoods. It would only be me bowhunting it. The owner has sent me some pics from next door of several nice bucks in the 130's to 150's on camera, and several really nice bucks that have been taken in the last two seasons.

What would be a fair price for 52 acres, with only one bowhunter allowed? He also has a 25 acre tract near this one that I might could lease.

52 acres to yourself and 15 minutes from the house? I mean... he could name his price at that point. How convenient. But that doesn’t help answer your question... I could see someone paying a couple grand easy for something like that

Comment

Ten to fifteen bucks an acre ?

Comment

Hard to tell. Could be a Honey Hole and awesome target rich environment depending on what those surrounding properties are doing. Or it could be over hunted, high pressured and you not see squat?
        It would be worth a chance just because of the potential and the proximity-convenience to your house IMO.
        As for pricing? No telling nowadays but I wouldn't be surprised to pay $2500-3000 or more.

Comment

I would guess $500-$1,500. Or you might work a deal to trade upkeep of the property for hunting rights.

Comment

Pay for his taxes

Comment

$1200 to $1500

Comment

I’d offer $1,000 and hopes he takes it

Comment

Ifyou do get it keep your human footprint to a minimum. Deer may be bedding on your small acreage. You don't want to educate them to leave every time your truck pulls up. Camel cameras and large capacity feeders are a good way to stay out of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Ten to fifteen bucks an acre ?
                    That's what I was thinking. I'd offer him $12/ac.

Sounds like a great place OP! Good luck!

Comment

I’d offer him 600 to 1k max. You can always bowhunt National forest. I wouldn’t get sucked into paying an arm and a leg. I have 2k acres 10 min from my
                      house and it’s for my whole family and I’m not that far from you. There should be several leases in your area. But if it’s setup nice and you like it that’s what matters but I’ve seen small properties go for crazy money.
                      Last edited by sharkhunter; 07-10-2022, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I have a place very similar. It 40 acres ….. but a GOOD 40! And I can be there in 15 minutes tops. I pay less than $500…. I WOULD PAY over $2000

Comment

He could easily get 2000 if he wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            He could easily get 2000 if he wants to.
                            That would really surprise me in that area. But your probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                              That would really surprise me in that area. But your probably right.
                              For an area with 140-150” deer??? Most hill county places couldn’t grow a 125” 10 pt and people pay $3-5k yearly for those

Comment

Working...
                              X