No announcement yet.

VRBO/AirB&B security cameras - be aware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just unplug the wifi router when you stay somewhere, this takes out about 95% of cameras.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
      Just unplug the wifi router when you stay somewhere, this takes out about 95% of cameras.

Jason Slocum

That’s a smart idea. Thx

Comment

Jason Slocum
        and if you do that they will charge you another "fee" - lol

Comment

Jason Slocum
          Good idea

Comment

We stay at VRBOs yearly, I will start looking for Black Helicopters the next time.

Comment

This is why I helicopter around the place when we ge get there! I clears the air for hard landing!

Comment

Vrbo's policy on surveillance devices at a property
                Vrbo’s committed to protecting the privacy and security of our hosts and guests. Our policy allows reasonable monitoring of the outside of the property while still protecting privacy inside the home.

We consider a surveillance device to be anything that captures the following:
                Photos
                Audio recordings
                Videos
                Geolocation
                Personally identifiable information
                Monitors data on the internet

Inside the property

Surveillance devices, which use any form of capture device such as a camera or an audio recorder, can’t be used inside of a property.

Exceptions: Smart devices which may not be activated remotely are allowed provided the guest is informed of their presence and given the option to deactivate them.

Outside the property

Surveillance devices, including security cameras and smart doorbells (which may record audio), are permitted if they follow these rules:
                Surveillance devices should only be used for security purposes.
                Location and coverage of devices must be disclosed on the property description page. It's not enough to include a photo of the device.
                Areas where guests have a reasonable expectation of privacy, such as the bathroom or bedroom, should not be under surveillance.
                Reasonable measures should be taken to limit access to surveillance data.
                Surveillance data should be deleted when no longer needed.

How to get help

Contact us immediately if you find a surveillance device which you believe violates our policy. This allows us to take the necessary steps to protect everyone's privacy and comfort.

Policy enforcement

If a host violates this surveillance policy, and a guest leaves a property because of this violation, the host may be required to refund the entirety of the stay. Violations could also result in removal from our platform.

While local rules and regulations may vary, we believe that physical and digital privacy is a critical component of a safe and trusted marketplace. Therefore, we'll enforce our policy even if local laws are less restrictive.

Noise monitoring devices

Hosts may have a noise monitoring device to address potential noise complaints from neighbors, but guests must be notified in advance by disclosing the device on the listing's detail page.
                A noise monitoring device should measure only the sound level, and not record private conversations.
                If a property has a noise monitoring device, expectations regarding parties and behavior should be included in the House Rules.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                  We stay at VRBOs yearly, I will start looking for Black Helicopters the next time.
                  Careful, some these guys on here pilot those black helicopters.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post

Areas where guests have a reasonable expectation of privacy, such as the bathroom or bedroom, should not be under surveillance.
                    I would think that if I rented any location for overnight stay, the entire interior should have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Comment

If you asked, would they give you a copy of the inside footage?

Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        They almost have to. Otherwise they can't prove who destroyed the house to get compensation.

It's that or raise rates. TBH would be all up in arms if places on AirBnB raised rates even more LOL
                        WRONG - if the house is destroyed after a guest leaves then you know EXACTLY who to go after -

Comment

Were you guys really staying at VRBO's and Air BnB's and didn't think you were being filmed?

Comment

I don't mind as long as I get my royalties and a bowl of m&ms with no brown ones

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                              WRONG - if the house is destroyed after a guest leaves then you know EXACTLY who to go after -
                              And they claim things were already broken.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                And they claim things were already broken.
                                Our cleaners take pics of all the rooms after they get done cleaning. So severe damage would be noted from the prior guest.

Comment

Working...
                                X