RV Rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV Rental

Anyone on here ever rent out their travel trailer? I was thinking of buying one to leave at the deer camp for three months and then renting it out the other 9 months of the year. Just wondering if that would get me close to neutral cash flows.

I own a travel trailer and I would worry about it getting trashed or worn out quickly. They are not well built and require TLC or else they fall apart.

Comment

My fil bought 6 rvs after Covid. They stayed on the road non stop until this massive fuel increase. Slowed a bit. Towable campers don’t rent near as much… but that will vary by location

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        My fil bought 6 rvs after Covid. They stayed on the road non stop until this massive fuel increase. Slowed a bit. Towable campers don’t rent near as much… but that will vary by location
        I’m full timing in an RV at a nice RV park outside of San Antonio. It’s got over 270 spaces for RVs, but as of yesterday there were only 157 RVs on site. Before fuel prices went up, it was normal to have 200+ RVs here all the time. The ladies in the front office stated that there has been a lot of cancellations due to the high fuel costs.

Comment

I will
          I just bought a nice one that I planned to do this on tbh only- I don't need it for deer lease as I don't have one
          It's nice n clean for momma to be happy w also lol-
          Has big bed up front and then double bunks in back w big slide out.

It's a lighter model that weighs around 5k I think
          Also include the sway bar hitch-

95$ night sound fair? I'd discount rate for longer rental

Pm me
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
            I will
            I just bought a nice one that I planned to do this on tbh only- I don't need it for deer lease as I don't have one
            It's nice n clean for momma to be happy w also lol-
            Has big bed up front and then double bunks in back w big slide out.

It's a lighter model that weighs around 5k I think
            Also include the sway bar hitch-

95$ night sound fair? I'd discount rate for longer rental

Pm me
            $95 a night sounds fair to me. I'd book it for a few nights this coming fall. I'm wanting to take the family over to Pedernales falls.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy has his with a company that handles it-they split the rental cost 50/50 and handles everything including the cleaning and storage

Comment

Sounds fair

Comment

I think they would get trashed out fast.

Comment

Ask Texastaxi how his rental is going. Doesn’t even know where his trailer is or been paid in 3 months.

Another thread on the subject from last week.

Comment

Did it a few years ago with ours here in San Antonio. It was good as it rented out fairly evenly throughout the year. But you will have to accept that things will be broken and may not be repaired as original. After 2-3 years we stopped renting and just decided to keep it for ourselves. Not all ppl respect others property.

Comment

It's around Austin area?

Comment

We did Rv share over thanksgiving
                          We were pleased
                          It’s basically VRBO for RVs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I rent mine about 3 times a month.

Makes the payment and insurance.

The extra money we put enough in a separate account for repairs and to continue making the payment when we are using it during deer season.

It’s been a great experience so far for about 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought about it when we hard ours but just couldn’t do it. Way too many things to go wrong for someone who hasn’t been around an RV IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                              X