Finally Made it to Casper WY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Made it to Casper WY

So this is where I call home now. Sold the House in the DFW area and sold the Ranch in Rocksprings. (Yea, I'm Sad). But this is where the Kids and Grandkids are. This is my view looking south from the North Platte River in Casper.

BTW it 43 degrees here this morning. Im in short sleeves ;-)
    Attached Files

Your living the dream. Congrats to you sir.

Comment

I will be up there in a couple weeks-find us a good place to eat

Comment

You traded up Sir ! Wyoming is my favorite state, wish I had moved there years ago. Too ****ed old now.

Comment

Congrats to you sir!!!

Comment

Definitely living the dream!
            Congrats!

Comment

Welcome to Wyoming !

By this time next year you will be a resident and enjoy our great hunting for a reasonable price.

This will not be our last cold front, look forward to that big wet snow in June.

Once the Platte comes down some fishing will be great.

Here's a fun event coming up, take hearing protection:
              Attached Files

Comment

That area, is nice, mountains on one side and plains on the other three sides. I spent two weeks ago there years ago. We fished the North Platte River many times, caught a lot of trout, it was fun.

Back in the 80s, there were prairie dog towns everywhere, in town, out of town. Then there were prong horn antelope all over the place. We could get up on top of my buddy's dads house, with his spotting scope and see prong horn between each subdivision.

There are some bad to the area, the worst being, there is a lot of drug use of there. Everyone I know who has lived in that town, can tell you a lot of stories about the use of hard drugs, they saw regularly. Some will try to say that is not a problem, it definitely is. It's something to be aware of, if you have kids or grandkids in that area. Drugs seem to be the biggest past time up there. Other than that, it's a pretty nice place to live. You don't have to go far, to get into some good trout fishing, prong horn hunting, mule deer or elk hunting. There used to be some good prairie dog hunting in many areas, but I have not heard about the prairie dog hunting around there in years. I know the days we went and shot prairie dogs, we killed a lot of them, we only had 22 LRs, that was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                  Welcome to Wyoming !

By this time next year you will be a resident and enjoy our great hunting for a reasonable price.

This will not be our last cold front, look forward to that big wet snow in June.

Once the Platte comes down some fishing will be great.

Here's a fun event coming up, take hearing protection:

Beautiful country, but snow in June?? This just blows my mind! Okay

Comment

Congratulations on your move, looks wonderful!

Comment

Just drove down through there yesterday. Beautiful country! It’s got me looking for jobs up there

Comment

Drugs are no more a problem up here than anywhere else, however mental health is a big issues in Wyoming. We have one of, if not the highest suicide rates in the country.
                        Long cold winters take their toll on many up here.

Casper has lots of opportunities, too big a town for us though.

ThisLady, we get a heavy wet snow almost every June, usually within the first 2 weeks. By now leaves are out, just barely and it can be quite damaging to trees. We had 14 inches one year, it was bad on branches and some vehicles parked under trees.

Casper is a great starting point for visiting other areas around the state, central Wyoming.
                        We get a big push from out of Casper for home football games, UW.

You should enjoy the area, Miracle Mile is close, great fishing all over up there.

Comment

That's awesome!
                          Been hunting lopes out of Natrona since I was 9.
                          Always been in love with that area.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Just beautiful and congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                              X