Camp Hope is saving lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Hope is saving lives

I can’t say enough good things about Camp Hope in Houston. My brother in law did a couple tours in Afghanistan and then struggled with civilian life when he left the service. Him and my sister separated and he lost contact with everyone. He developed a pretty good relationship with alcohol and 7 years later hit rock bottom and decided enough was enough. He got a hold of me and I could tell he wanted out of the black hole. He went to a detox facility prior to going to Camp Hope and it’s been all positive since. On average the US has 22 veterans commit suicide daily and Camp Hope has never had anyone that completed their program commit suicide. I carried my nephew (his son) down to visit him again today. He’s gained 50 pounds and has a whole new outlook on life. If you know anyone struggling with PTSD I highly recommend checking out Camp Hope. Rufus Harris you got this and I’m proud of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My older brother hosts a car show every year on or around July 4th and donates 100% of the proceeds to camp hope. He did a tour in Iraq and has lost a few friends to suicide due to ptsd.

Camp hope is a great organization

Comment

That's awesome Travis. Good for him!

Comment

I have cooked at the Camp Hope cook off every year for the last 9 years, GREAT Organization helping great people!

Comment

Awesome News

Comment

That’s great news.

Comment

And they are always in need of donations. The Semper Fi Society of Brazos Valley donates to them from the proceeds from our Marine Corps Birthday celebration. At our last meeting we had a representative come out and give a presentation. Awesome organization

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That’s an awesome story sir. Congrats to your BIL.

Comment

My youngest son spent some time there about six years ago. He did two tours in Iraq with the 10 Mtn. Division.

He hasn't been the same since. Camp Hope probably saved his life. I still pray for him.

Comment

What an awesome testimony! Michael Berry is always talking about Camp Hope, and funnels a lot of money that way. That's awesome. Prayer sent^ just now that your BIL stays on the upside!

Comment

Great organization!! We donated last year to the auction and just this week the chief executive Doug came by the shop and personally thanked us!! Awesome people and great cause

Comment

Any place that’s helps our service men and women cope gets a gold star in my book.
                        Any link to donate to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

[QUOTE=Buckshot4900;16239592]Any place that’s helps our service men and women cope gets a gold star in my book.
                          Any link to donate to them?

PTSD Foundation of America Camp Hope Ally Tribute / In Honor National Outreach Camp Hope Arizona Florida Georgia Dallas / Ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                            My youngest son spent some time there about six years ago. He did two tours in Iraq with the 10 Mtn. Division.

He hasn't been the same since. Camp Hope probably saved his life. I still pray for him.

Sending up an extra one

Comment

Good stuff and GREAT testimony!

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X