Craigslist question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craigslist question

I put an item on CL. A guy responded saying he wanted to buy the item. He said he didn't respond thru CL emails. He gave me (his- who knows) email address to get a hold of him that way.
    I'm a first time CL user. Scam or no scam?

I prefer to get phone number to discuss. You have to determine scam or not.

Comment

Only one way to find out. If possibly meet in a public location.

Comment

Sounds like a scam to me. Only time I responded to someone like that they wanted to send me check for the item.

Comment

Not worth the risk. Its your item and he can communicate how you choose to communicate.

Comment

Tell him you only do US mail so give you his address so you can write him a letter.
            Doesn't do CL email...how'd he contact you to begin with then?!...lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I quit using CL due to all the scams. I don't know that particular one but I would guess there's some angle.

Comment

he wants your contact info and he can't get that going through CL email....

Comment

delete CL....90% of it is scams

Comment

Scam for sure. I always ask questions to see how they respond. I don’t just call phone # either.

Comment

Ask him for a phone number.

Comment

Scam

Comment

100% scam.
                          I use CL daily, and if someone has a issue with the anonymity of CL emails, then it's a scam.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                            Tell him you only do US mail so give you his address so you can write him a letter.
                            Doesn't do CL email...how'd he contact you to begin with then?!...lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

hard to buy/sell on CL due to the scam emails, texts, etc. Takes a while to sort through them and respond to real people. Amazing why or how some people find the time worthwhile to develop and then distribute so many scam profiles.

Comment

Working...
                              X