• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
    Do you think it really works?
    Yes, yes it does.

They have to migrate to find it though.

Comment

I saw someone on here a few years ago that had some property in east Texas for sale. They had graded some of it. And built a levy for duck-n, and flooded it. It had the pumps and everything. They were also deer hunting the property. And shooting some swine off the tank too.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        I need to find this place! Never heard of anything like that here.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Many big properties work with DU to keep the ponds/fields flooded for the northern flights best they can and will drop the levels to expose new growth and critters as the northern migration starts getting in full swing. I don’t know the science behind all of it but it sounds like it helps with calorie deficits on the northern flight as well as imprinting.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
          I need to find this place! Never heard of anything like that here.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Many big properties work with DU to keep the ponds/fields flooded for the northern flights best they can and will drop the levels to expose new growth and critters as the northern migration starts getting in full swing. I don’t know the science behind all of it but it sounds like it helps with calorie deficits on the northern flight as well as imprinting.

Comment

Only 17 snipe between 5 of us.

All the rain seems to have them scattered pretty good and absolutely no wind has them flushing way further out.

Saw 300-400 ducks though

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

All the rain seems to have them scattered pretty good and absolutely no wind has them flushing way further out.

Saw 300-400 ducks though

Was the ground still frozen when yall started?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Was the ground still frozen when yall started?
                We held off till mid day to avoid any freezing conditions

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

Saw 300-400 ducks though
                  Nothing wrong with that. Beautiful weather to be out!

Comment

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                    6k killed, that is crazy! How many people are in your club?

Think around 60 total but truthfully I don’t really know.

Comment

Snows did what snows do and kicked our teeth in the last few hunts. Hunted a field they’d been in for several days and that morning they decided to go elsewhere. Next day hunted the elsewhere field and they went back to the first spot[emoji849]. Probably my last hunts for the year so it was a fitting end to a tough season.

2021 was a grind. Let’s hope for great nesting conditions and some early cold fronts in 2022.

Comment

Breck and I eased up to the river yesterday mid-afternoon and Lord the green-heads.........

I just laughed and told him, maybe next year they will show earlier. LOL

Rwc

Comment

My ponds that I hunt that have been empty were loaded with hundreds of ducks yesterday as I was going out to quail hunt

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                            I know of at least one place in AR that flies corn over their greentree reservoirs once the season closes to let them imprint.

My uncle does this as well as many others in Arkansas. They find real value in it from providing a late winter food source to imprinting. Its good for the ducks I suppose. How much imprinting takes place I am not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                              My uncle does this as well as many others in Arkansas. They find real value in it from providing a late winter food source to imprinting. Its good for the ducks I suppose. How much imprinting takes place I am not sure.

We do it on our place in SW Arkansas, roughly 3000 acres split between rice fields and flooded timber. DU and Southern Arkansas University biologist s have been counting ducks post season on our place for years. We corn a ton till end of February occasionally into early March if the weather is cold. Recovery of bands says it works but who knows, tough to see thousands of green heads in February and hardly any during the season.

Comment

I keep seeing end of season posts… I thought it just got started! Anybody with me?

Comment

Working...
                                X