Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys use to keep your shops warm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea, torpedo heater will be the best deal for temporary heat.

Comment

30x40 shop
      Just have a centrally located 250w heat lamp I turn on when it gets below freezing. Leave it on all night

Comment

Looks like I should’ve got the torpedo. Tried two 1500 watt space heaters today and although it was definitely a lot warmer than outside still quite chilly. I think I’m leaning more towards the wood burner for next year. Always have spare lumber and just end up burning it out side. I could put it to use in there.

Comment

40x80 barn/shop non insulated, stucco exterior with wood paneling on inside, also 16 ft ceilings this keeps it very warm inside.
          Attached Files

Comment

RMW how long have you had JD. And how long will a tank last?

Comment

1 Torpedo heater will heat our 40x85 insulated barn in about 30min

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                RMW how long have you had JD. And how long will a tank last?
                Bought this one last year just before the big freeze, I’m running red diesel and when running it WFO it will last 8 hours. Think I paid 650.00

Comment

I'd go with about a 24k btu mini split. You will have heating and cooling, though don't expect it to maintain 70 in the summer. That and a fan to move air around and you will stay toasty.

Comment

I just use the thermostat.

30x40 foam insulated walls and ceiling. I'm in it just about everyday so I went with central.

Comment

24x30 foam insulated. Have a 24K btu mini split with heat. Keeps it cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Im out there in a tshirt working today and its 25* outside. Costs maybe a dollar or 2 a day to run. No smell, no noise

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                        I'd go with about a 24k btu mini split. You will have heating and cooling, though don't expect it to maintain 70 in the summer. That and a fan to move air around and you will stay toasty.
                        I have 3 to 5 area heaters scattered around. A big ceiling fan and 2 box fans.
                        The 4 corners are the same temperature...

Comment

What do you guys use to keep your shops warm?

Have a 30x40x12 non-insulated shop so following along. Didn’t have funds to insulate when built so now at the mercy of Mother Nature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

August!

Comment

Good insulation and a regular heating/air system. It's more than worth the money when it's freezing in the winter or scorching in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X