Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving gun in car would have been safer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
    Sounds to me like he thought it was the store's gun and picked it up because he thought it was cool and wanted to show it to his wife and brother.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    That’s exactly what I was thinking the entire time

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
      I just kicked myself in my own cods for reading this.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you are way overthinking things, does not sound like any real big issue. Dang sure would not be "drawing down" on someone, you are at a gun counter. Lots of guns are being handled at any given time.
        Last edited by NewTexian; 11-27-2021, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
          Glad it worked out. My friends son got shot in that store in the gun department.
          You can’t drop this info and leave us hanging!

Comment

That made my hair hurt...

I agree with the above comments as follows;
            *He has poor gun handling etiquette and may be too stupid to realize just how rude he was. That's close to slapping your wife on the rear.
            *You didn't need to draw a weapon
            *You froze when he picked up your rifle...Don't beat yourself up, I bet many of us would have as it sounds like a non-threatening but odd situation. Perhaps you just couldn't believe your own eyes.
            *You may need to work on situational awareness and threat perception
            *I really like the time you took to map it out for us...
            ***I too want to kick myself in the cods now***

Comment

Not to criticize at all, but I would spend some time studying your LTC material and maybe do some Texas gun law specific reading on when you can and can’t use your firearm in defense of yourself or someone else. Basically to save your life or someone else’s.

IMO You were not remotely in the ballpark of unholstering and that is something you need to be very clear on. You can quickly wind up in need of an attorney and a National media story if you get it wrong.

Someone picking up your rifle in that scenario should have been something very easy to handle and think through. It wasn’t loaded and you knew it so there was no chance of him shooting you. Second, if he wanted to run out of the store with it, it is a property crime which you are not going to be justified in shooting him then either.

Then you have to consider shot placement, backdrop, innocent bystanders, where are stray rounds going, etc etc etc. All things that factor into even a justified shooting.

Just some things to think about and how to make yourself more prepared in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                Same. Who takes their scopes to get improperly mounted at BP? :-)
                Haha that was my thought. One thing to take it in and make sure the rings will let the scope objective clear the barrel or similar, but no way I’m letting them mount it.

Second thought was, “So when did this guy have his loaded rifle pointed at you” as they were mounting a scope on his gun for him also?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                  Not to criticize at all, but I would spend some time studying your LTC material and maybe do some Texas gun law specific reading on when you can and can’t use your firearm in defense of yourself or someone else. Basically to save your life or someone else’s.

IMO You were not remotely in the ballpark of unholstering and that is something you need to be very clear on. You can quickly wind up in need of an attorney and a National media story if you get it wrong.

Someone picking up your rifle in that scenario should have been something very easy to handle and think through. It wasn’t loaded and you knew it so there was no chance of him shooting you. Second, if he wanted to run out of the store with it, it is a property crime which you are not going to be justified in shooting him then either.

Then you have to consider shot placement, backdrop, innocent bystanders, where are stray rounds going, etc etc etc. All things that factor into even a justified shooting.

Just some things to think about and how to make yourself more prepared in the future.
                  Solid.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Engineer ?

Way over thinking the situation.

Comment

Did you smoke marijuana for the first time before all these events took place? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Anyone have the cliff notes version of this? It’s like Alice’s Restaurant.

Comment

From what I got out of this is the guy was trying to seal your gun anything else is bull****!

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                                That read like a joke with no punchline...

Comment

Working...
                                X