Buy your suppressor locally or in state at the least

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm no noob to the suppressor thing. I've bought from local dealers, Silencer Shop (which at the time was in state), and the latest from Silencer Central. Now, the reason that I bought the latest one from Silencer Central was because they told me that they would do everything digitally (still had to paper file back then) including storing my finger prints for future use. They didn't tell me that they would charge me $25 for every additional use of my finger prints if I didn't buy something from them, then they just quit providing finger prints altogether. Well, after 14-months of waiting, my stamp was approved and received by Silencer Central almost a month ago, and, no, I still don't have my suppressor, nor do I know when I will get it. You see, they don't tell you that, because it comes in from out of state, they have to notify law enforcement 7-days prior to shipping the suppressor to an in-state dealer, who then has to fill out more paper work and ship it to the end buyer. Now all of that is bad enough, but Silencer Central waited a few days before bothering to send the law enforcement notice, waited a few more days prior to shipping the can to the dealer, and now the suppressor is sitting at the Texas dealer, who can wait as much as a week to fill out paper work and ship it to me. Yea, I know, one more month is just a small portion of the overall wait, but, with efiling being just a 3-5 month process, adding another month is significant. Basically, had I purchased from a local dealer, I'd have been using my suppressor for weeks now. Buy local.

There’s a reason a handful of us told everyone who asked to stay away from SC.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      who do you recommend these days? bought my last one through the silencer shop but it's been a while. everything did go as well as i could have expected with those guys

Comment

Mod pizza, silencer central (multiple threads if i remember correctly), dove outfitters (in general), collectors firearms...

Maybe just open a Yelp account?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          Mod pizza, silencer central (multiple threads if i remember correctly), dove outfitters (in general), collectors firearms...

Yet here you are.

Comment

I've done two with silencer shop. The silencer has been at my local dealer way before my stamps have been approved.

Comment

Originally posted by jomw10 View Post
              I've done two with silencer shop. The silencer has been at my local dealer way before my stamps have been approved.
              Had good experiences with Silencer Shop. I had a great local dealer until he ran afoul of his partner.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                Had good experiences with Silencer Shop. I had a great local dealer until he ran afoul of his partner.
                Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by jomw10 View Post
                  Yep, could even use it there if they have a range. Just couldn’t take it home.

Had good experiences with them as well.

Comment

1. Capitol Armory
                    2. Capitol Armory
                    3. Silencer Shop

SC is garbage. You just found out why. Their reviews suck for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post

I knew it would come

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        1. Capitol Armory
                        2. Capitol Armory
                        3. Silencer Shop

SC is garbage. You just found out why. Their reviews suck for a reason

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

Yep.

If you don’t have a brick & mortar you can walk into, then Capitol Armory is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Capitol Armory all the way. They keep prints on file and will do everything for you. East folks to deal with.

Comment

Did Texas ever pass the suppressor law ? where you can buy Texas made without A stamp ?

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                              Did Texas ever pass the suppressor law ? where you can buy Texas made without A stamp ?
                              Yes, but it's tied up in court right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X