Powder scale/dispenser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powder scale/dispenser

Looking at moving towards the electronic version of measuring/dispensing powder.
    Need recommendations

Thanks
    Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charge master.

Real hard to beat without spending a LOT more money.

Comment

RCBS Charge Master here!

Comment

I’ve had a chargemaster for the last 8-9yrs. It’s worked great for my needs. Over the years other companies have come along and made some good ones as well (frankford Arsenal and Lyman to name a few).

With that being said, I’m upgrading to an auto trickler to increase my speed of loading and to a lesser extent accuracy.

Comment

I’m not sure what your budget is but the RCBS models work pretty well and have been proven over the years to be solid dispensers aside from them being really slow. If the budget allows for it the Autotrickler’s a no brainer purchase but their somewhat pricey but if you go that route you most definitely won’t be disappointed. The Autotrickler and the AMP have proven to be my best investments thus far on reloading equipment.
          Last edited by Kong; 05-22-2022, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Frankford arsenal and autotrickler v4 here. I don't reload nearly as much as I should so the v4 is probably overkill but why not!

Comment

20 year satisfied Charge Master user here.

Comment

Originally posted by jjam View Post
                Frankford arsenal and autotrickler v4 here. I don't reload nearly as much as I should so the v4 is probably overkill but why not!

I’d be willing to take that V4 off your hands if it’s just collecting dust, will probably be waiting on mine till August!

Comment

Charge Master with hacks 20+ years. http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...green-machine/

Comment

I’ve been using a Chargemaster somewhere around 10 years. I’m overall satisfied but it does occasionally overthrow a charge with big stick powder even with the McDonalds straw truck installed.

I’ve had a Autotrickler V4 on order for 10-11 weeks and don’t expect it until late summer/fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What's your budget? The autotricklers are really great.

Comment

Originally posted by blaqkpanda View Post
                        What's your budget? The autotricklers are really great.

None yet, but that doesn’t mean and open check book

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodd View Post
                          RCBS Charge Master here!
                          Same for me. Put the soda straw in it or the brass tube and it is VERY accurate.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

For most large rifle cartridges, the charge master is plenty accurate and fairly priced. A step up would be RCBS Matchmaster. This scale cuts down variance between charges to about 2 kernels of powder. Next up in price and accuracy is the AutoTrickler with A&D 120i scale. Area 419 has their offering with a couple nice add ons. These will get you within one kernel of powder and very fast. I load my Dashers from start to finish in about 7 seconds per charge. Next up at the very top is a Prometheus. These come in about 5x the cost of an AutoTrickler but use balance beam instead of electronics so there is no inconsistencies like in electronic scales.

Comment

Working...
                              X