Gunsmith in Beaumont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gunsmith in Beaumont

Is there anyone in the Beaumont area that is a real gunsmith ? I used Gary Dean for years, but he is no longer with us. I'm not interested in Hawn's i haven't used them in thirty years. What i have is a simple project disassemble a Ithaca model 37 and clean it.

You could try Ray Perry in bridge city. I think he mostly does rifles though.

Comment

Is the guy still operating out of the saw shop?

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
        Is the guy still operating out of the saw shop?
        I forgot about him...the saw shop shut down. Ken Lloyd was the gunsmith there. Now he is currently working out of Lone Star Gun Range between Beaumont and Lumberton.

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
          Is there anyone in the Beaumont area that is a real gunsmith ? I used Gary Dean for years, but he is no longer with us. I'm not interested in Hawn's i haven't used them in thirty years. What i have is a simple project disassemble a Ithaca model 37 and clean it.
          i would recommend ken at lone star,, he is very good,,,, i too will never go back to Hawn's..

Comment

From the minor research i did Ken Lloyd has a good reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
              From the minor research i did Ken Lloyd has a good reputation.
              He built a rifle for me. It is a great shooter. Really easy to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                You could try Ray Perry in bridge city. I think he mostly does rifles though.
                Man, Ray is one of the best of the best. Unfortunately, he’s like 90 now and isn’t taking anymore work. Wish I had him build a few more for me back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                  Man, Ray is one of the best of the best. Unfortunately, he’s like 90 now and isn’t taking anymore work. Wish I had him build a few more for me back in the day.
                  I didn’t realize that. He worked on a rifle for me about 2 years ago and that was the last time I saw him. He is a really knowledgeable guy, and his trophy room is quite impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                    I didn’t realize that. He worked on a rifle for me about 2 years ago and that was the last time I saw him. He is a really knowledgeable guy, and his trophy room is quite impressive.
                    He was the read deal hunter back in the day, all open space or low fence kills.

Comment

Working...
                    X