KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Lt, you certainly have the quail raising thoughts in my mind. If I could hire a hit man for our chickens I'd go full quail I think. With strong wife persuasion or just plain begging

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Eggs and meat! Hard to beat. [emoji1]

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Pretty good day today. Finally got to see a deer at the feeder with Mama from the deck while we enjoyed some adult beverages.

My catahoula saw it too and was just about to shower down on it when I made her sit and heel and shut the hell up.

Mowed about 4 acres of the new cleared area around camp. Set up the new elusive wildlife solar panel with a trail camera and hog light. Don't think the hog light was working with the cables provided so I have to play with that some more.

Hung up a new LED light to replace the old safety light that was here when we bought the place. Big difference in brightness.

Unfortunately I have to get up early and head back to work tomorrow. But very thankful to be able to stay with tbh'er Doug and his wife during the work week.

At least with Labor Day today I'll have a short work week.

Comment

Mary did a little prepping this weekend by dehydrating quail eggs for egg powder and then storing with the new jar vacuum sealer. She's also dehydrating some pears that we got from the new hunting property I picked up down the road.

Comment

The quail looks good Bobby,
          I grilled some bacon wrapped quail Saturday night!

Comment

Quail look great sir! You tired of eatin rabbit yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Double C View Post
              Quail look great sir! You tired of eatin rabbit yet?
              I got a freezer full of it. I prefer the quail but rabbit has a lot of bang for the buck!

Comment

Do quail do ok in the extreme august heat? Or they struggle and need fans like rabbits?

Comment

Do quail do ok in the extreme august heat? Or they struggle and need fans like rabbits?
                  They do fine. Just go through more water. Just keep them in the shade. We have the heat tolerant rabbits from Texas a&m so we don't put fans on them either. Just good shade and lots of water

Comment

Turned a rifle spot into a bow spot at the new property down the road. I shall call this setup the Heat Stroke blind.

Good freaking grief.

Comment

That'll work.

Comment

Heat stroke blind is right, u gonna think your dieing the first part of October in it.

Comment

Lookin good Chew!

Comment

Butchering day. 16 jumbo quail and one TAMUK-Composite rabbit went to freezer camp. Now to dust off the bow so I can restock the venison.

Comment

Which one wins in side by side taste test?

Comment

Which one wins in side by side taste test?
                                Quail! For now. [emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                                X