No announcement yet.

Semi-Live African Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving the ride along - thanks and good luck!

Comment

Congrats!!! Kudu are beautiful critters.

Tell them you want to eat kudu tenderloin cooked on the grill for supper one night. You will thank me for this suggestion afterwards!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It's a few minutes before 1 am here. I am too excited to sleep. Wife is knocked out. Thought I'd share a few pics of things that were of interest to me today.

Apparently sparberry means strawberry. Taste like diet big red.

The roofs of most of the buildings out here are of this thatch material. I was told it does not transfer the heat from the sun to the inside and is an amazing insulator.

Hoping for some sleep....5 am is not far away.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Jon B; 09-04-2022, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Congrats on a great Kudu bud!

And that food looks awesome! Looking forward to the rest of yalls adventure.

Comment

That black label will get you. Castle light I got used to it and the lion was the worst

That tall horse wine is pretty dang good too

Comment

Make sure you try the KWV brandy, I had plenty. Congrats on the great Kudu.

Comment

Not that it matters now but I'd had a couple cases you could have borrowed.

Also, file a complaint about the rifles and I bet you get money back or a credit for another flight

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome Kudu! Following along

Comment

Congrats on the Kudu! Id be frustrated too about the gun situation but glad your still getting to sling some lead at some critters. Looking forward to the rest of the trip!

Comment

Watching closely as I have started looking for My first trip

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Not that it matters now but I'd had a couple cases you could have borrowed.

Also, file a complaint about the rifles and I bet you get money back or a credit for another flight

The guns made it to Johannesburg last night. Trying to figure out the most cost effective way to get them to us. 4 hours away. PH and staff are working on that. I have filed a claim, I also believe our trip insurance gives a bit towards lost or delayed baggage.

Hunt report from today:

Saw some great wildebeest this morning but was still wanting a zebra. I learned that I am quite undecided on what I want to take. I would definitely recommend having an idea of what you want but base your trip on a budget and not a list of specific animals.

We talked it over and we decided that the wife would take the poor man's buffalo in lieu of the zebra. Especially since I got my surprise Kudu. Unfortunately they were no longer in front of us at that point.

Of course, not long after making the decision, we had a large zebra standing 90 yards from us for almost a minute....in the wide open.

We got set up on the sticks on 3 different Impala but for one reason or another did not get a shot this morning.

The PH has been exceptionally gracious asked us what we really wanted. I am very thankful for his patience. Wife and I are both afraid he is ready to ring our necks but has kept his game face on!

I can't say enough good about this Motsomi Safaris. Would highly recommend to anyone based on our first day and a half of hunting and two nights of lodging and food.

I will say that the South African people are very no-nonsense and straight shooters. Takes a bit of getting used to as they come across as very matter of fact.

Also my PH has the eyes of an eagle. I have always considered myself gifted at spotting game....this guy is able to instantly spot, identify and judge an animal in less than five seconds. All while wearing daisy dukes.

All of the help has been amazing, Maxwell the chef is unbelievable. The main tracker Patrick is a tough little guy and also very gifted when it comes to tracking and spotting game. Some of these trails are all tracks. He can separate them out and make some crazy assumptions based on what he sees.

Brunch this morning was barbecue pizza with wild onions and and something else. We also had some kind of sausage that was extremely "sage-y" and fruit salad.

Going to catch a nap and do a photo dump this evening. Hoping some LDPs will be posted.

Comment

Congrats on the kudu nice looking trophy. Kudu was first on my list. Good luck on the rest of your hunt. Happy Anniversary to y’all.

Comment

Congrats on the Kudu.

Comment

Good deal and good luck

Comment

Good luck and congrats so far

Comment

Working...
                                X