No announcement yet.

Bolt Carrier Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay fellas…… with school starting back, I have been very busy.

Anyway, see the response from BCM below. We are very happy with their quick response and explanation as well as pictures they sent.

We confirm we received your upper group and BCG back to our facility and our tech has completed their inspection.
    The upper receiver and BCG experienced a high pressure event. We were able to extract the case. When the high pressure event occurred the side wall of the brass failed/ruptured. See pictures attached.
    The high pressure event occurred while the BCG was in battery and caused a bend in the extractor which “locked” the bolt in battery and did not allow the carrier to move to the rear.

Inspection of the barrel shows it is dimensionally in spec, however the high pressure event cracked the barrel extension. The bolt is also dimensionally in spec.

After inspection of your complete upper group, the serviceable components include:

KMR Handguard
    Gas Block
    (we did not inspect the charging handle)

At this point, we recommend in the strongest terms that you quarantine and dispose of this batch of ammunition as there is an increased probability of experiencing another high pressure event which may cause severe injury or death.

On a side note: BCM is rebuilding the upper with new components for parts cost only (no labor) and shipping to us.

So…. It looks like an ammo issue. Unfortunately, we are not 100% sure which ‘batch’ of ammo this round came from. We are looking through all of our ammo and loaded mags, trying to determine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ETX-Deerslayer View Post
      Sorry for the delay fellas…… with school starting back, I have been very busy.

Anyway, see the response from BCM below. We are very happy with their quick response and explanation as well as pictures they sent.

We confirm we received your upper group and BCG back to our facility and our tech has completed their inspection.
      The upper receiver and BCG experienced a high pressure event. We were able to extract the case. When the high pressure event occurred the side wall of the brass failed/ruptured. See pictures attached.
      The high pressure event occurred while the BCG was in battery and caused a bend in the extractor which “locked” the bolt in battery and did not allow the carrier to move to the rear.

Inspection of the barrel shows it is dimensionally in spec, however the high pressure event cracked the barrel extension. The bolt is also dimensionally in spec.

After inspection of your complete upper group, the serviceable components include:

KMR Handguard
      Gas Block
      (we did not inspect the charging handle)

At this point, we recommend in the strongest terms that you quarantine and dispose of this batch of ammunition as there is an increased probability of experiencing another high pressure event which may cause severe injury or death.

On a side note: BCM is rebuilding the upper with new components for parts cost only (no labor) and shipping to us.

So…. It looks like an ammo issue. Unfortunately, we are not 100% sure which ‘batch’ of ammo this round came from. We are looking through all of our ammo and loaded mags, trying to determine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad they were able to determine what the issue was.

Overpressure round as I suspected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow. Wonder how much charge that round had

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X