Homeless encampment clean-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeless encampment clean-up

Do any of you have any experience with homeless camp clean-up. I’m seeing more encampments along the Rio grande Bosque. One camp that really bugs me is a very large one that is right next to the water. The campers enjoy throwing spirt bottles into the River. It will probably take me three days to get it all picked up by myself.
    I wonder if I can just go town there and start picking crap up without causing a stir with the campers.

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
    Do any of you have any experience with homeless camp clean-up. I’m seeing more encampments along the Rio grande Bosque. One camp that really bugs me is a very large one that is right next to the water. The campers enjoy throwing spirt bottles into the River. It will probably take me three days to get it all picked up by myself.
    I wonder if I can just go town there and start picking crap up without causing a stir with the campers.
    I would be carful about just walking in to there camp, lots of mentally ill people in those areas

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
      I would be carful about just walking in to there camp, lots of mentally ill people in those areas
      And drug use. Can cause for some very unstable individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
        This is good advice. You’d have no idea what’s going on in there. Lots of drug addicts and mental illness in one place. What could go wrong?

Comment

Also watch for needles!

Comment

I will inquire with the Rio Grande authority to see what it takes to get some of these sites cleaned up. Maybe they have grants or something to help with this sort of stuff. I don’t have any issues with the homeless people. The amount of refuse they leave behind is a disaster in the waterways.

Comment

First and foremost, thanks for not just saying you care but actually trying to clean up the mess.

As far as the mess, is that within a park are or a city area. I would contact the owners of the property to see if they even know the issue exists.

Not to politicize this, but I bet if the homeless were conservative leaning they would not be there.

Comment

Just start a screaming rant that the trash has cameras in it and they are all being watched by the government. Be sure to twitch and act crazy. They won’t stop you. Heck they will probably have that place clean as a golf course in no time…

Comment

**** politicians allow this sort of crap pizz’s me off. Those city and county people who “ advocate” for the homeless need to spend a few weekends with their families cleaning this crap up

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                    Just start a screaming rant that the trash has cameras in it and they are all being watched by the government. Be sure to twitch and act crazy. They won’t stop you. Heck they will probably have that place clean as a golf course in no time…
                    Greatness.

Cleaning up anything is likely to be viewed by the "residents" as an attempt to run them out.

We have our own camp on the Blanco river in San Marcos. Looks terrible.

Comment

Be careful, as a brother to a long term meth addict I can assure you that they become attached to the "garbage" and will become violent if you try to clean anything up. I know this situation first hand.

Edit: if I were you I would go thru local law enforcement and try to orchestrate a community clean up with law enforcement standing guard.
                      Last edited by twistedmidnite; 07-28-2022, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Get a couple hundred yds upwind and drop a match.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          **** politicians allow this sort of crap pizz’s me off. Those city and county people who “ advocate” for the homeless need to spend a few weekends with their families cleaning this crap up
                          And move them on their property.

Comment

I made a call to the authority. They say it’s on the list.

Comment

You would think this would be a high priority with our greenie weenie govt , keeping the environment clean

If it was really about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X